I downloaded that free software "Loopt" the other day, just to see what it was all about. After the "reminder" messages, and that fact that I don't have any friends with GPS enabled phones, so it doesn't matter, I went ahead and tried to delete it.

I go to the application loader on the BB desktop manager. There it is on the list of apps. I uncheck it to uninstall it, and click next. Sometime during the installation, my computer hung and caused an error. Anyway, the program stopped showing up on the application loader on BB desktop manager. The icon is still on the phone, and the application still runs when I click it. I tried reinstalling over the current install on the phone to see if I could get it to show up on the app loader again, but it didn't work.

How do I get rid of this? I already canceled my account with loopt. I just want the app off the phone to regain my free space.

Thanks
    -Jay
    07-18-08 05:31 PM
    on your BB, try going to Options, Advanced Options, Applications, scroll to Loopt, hit Menu, Delete.
    07-18-08 05:33 PM
    Ah, sweet. thanks. I tried that before I reinstalled it, and it wasn't on the applications list. This time it was, so I menu clicked, and hit delete. It's gone now. Thank you for your help sir.
    07-18-08 05:54 PM
    No problem - and don't call me sir... LOL
    07-18-08 05:55 PM
    I have a blackberry curve 8310 and installed the program bubble buster on the phone. I tried deleting it by going to options, and then applications but bubble buster doesn't even show up on the application list. Please advise. Thanks
    07-25-08 02:06 AM
    first off, its not a phone, its a blackberry
    07-25-08 10:11 AM
    Punishment for calling your BB a phone, 10 lashes & no text or BB messages for 30 minutes. Go to time out!
    07-25-08 10:23 AM
    Haha. My BLACKBERRY is giving me problems. Sorry for the incorrect vernacular. I'm new to the blackberry world.
    07-25-08 10:53 AM
    Also you must not call Chaz, Sir.

Welcome to CrackBerry.
    07-25-08 11:00 AM
    That wasn't me.
    07-25-08 11:10 AM
    I installed Sky Shooter & Tiltris into my Huron. And then I removed both. But, why the 2 icons still shown?

How to remove the icons? TIA
    05-15-09 11:14 AM
    I installed Sky Shooter & Tiltris into my Huron. And then I removed both. But, why the 2 icons still shown?

How to remove the icons? TIA
    +2 I installed both those games a few minutes ago they sucked, the Skyshooter didnt even want to play tried to remove them but I cant get rid of the ICON's either.. What gives I have learned my lesson no more freeware!! I will pay for the good stuff
    12-16-09 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD