After upgrade to new app World a reboot was needed on the BB 8520. After this, the phone is now contantly rebooting and only rebooting, it will not startup to the main menu.
    The reboot starts, it shows the progress bar, then after about 15seconds the progress bar is just very thin and a new reboot is started.
    I removed the battery for half a minute, put it back but still rebooting everytime without a message or anything else.
    This way i am unable to remove this appworld, as the phone never reaches the password prompt to authenticate.
    If nothing else is possible i would like to wipe the phone, and have everything destroyed by this great upgrade, but i hope there is someone who knows something to make a normal boot happening, or any advise how to wipe the phone...
    Look forward to any help.
    Thanks!
    11-14-10 01:13 PM
    Try Safe mode: When the phone start booting, hold the Escape key untill it boots. Dont let go untill it ends up booting.

Might take a few attempts to master
    11-14-10 02:25 PM
    Try Safe mode: When the phone start booting, hold the Escape key untill it boots. Dont let go untill it ends up booting.

Might take a few attempts to master
    I have tried the Escape + reboot now for many times, but it just keeps rebooting after about 10seconds and the Safe Mode option is not reached. The screen gets dark, the red LED starts, the progress bar shows action for 10 seconds then it reboots..
    11-14-10 03:17 PM
    Time for a more direct approach.

Read it carefully, watch the video.

As many times as you think you need to.

How to Reload the Operating System on a "Nuked" BlackBerry

Also take a look at:

How to Install or Upgrade your BlackBerry Operating System (OS)

How to Upgrade Your BlackBerry's OS Using App Loader
    11-15-10 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD