I wanted to use this app in case my BB got lost, since I do seem to be misplacing it lately, and when I downloaded it, it said that my Device is connected to a BES which it is not and hasn't been since March 8th! VZ and I even did a complete wipe over the phone to make sure no BES service books lingered. It's now BIS. Any ideas as to fix this?? Thanks!
    04-07-11 01:56 PM
    Are there IT policies lingering?
    04-07-11 01:57 PM
    There shouldn't be. Soon after I switched over to my own account from corporate, I was having problems with the apps and email due to lingering IT policy, which is why VZ recommended the wipe. We deleted everything, I used Backup Assistant, and then started over. We deleted all of the BES service books and everything has seemed improved (although it still freezes and i get memory card repair errors - never had these issues when i was on the corporate plan). If a wipe didn't fix the lingering IT policies, what else can I do to fix this?
    04-07-11 02:00 PM
    I have this problem, too. Also wiped my device and made sure that I'm not on a BES plan with my carrier.
    04-07-11 02:12 PM
    04-07-11 02:14 PM
    Try here...

Wiping your device won't remove the IT policy. Here's a link to the forums which discusses removing an IT policy. forums.crackberry.com/f3/remove-i-t-policy-blackberry-569/

Backing up is a very good idea. Key databases to selctivley restore will be Address book calendar, BBM, SMS, Messages, Options, Tasks, Notes, Profiles as well as any other items you find might be useful.

Your OTA apps will not be backed up by the DT manager backup process. Best bet is to use BBSAK for app backup.

Hope that helps!!

Cheers, Isaac
    04-07-11 02:18 PM
    I tried the suggested solution, and it did not work... Any other tips?
    04-08-11 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD