I'm using BerryBuzz on my Torch and I can't add LED for my contacts. Whether I try inside the application or in my contacts when I click add Berrybuzz LED or whatever nothing happens. Is anyone else experiencing this on the Torch?
    09-21-10 11:08 PM
    I have this same issue except with new contacts added to the ATT address book, can't figure out how to import all my existing contacts though. ATT said I might find the answer on Crackberry
    09-21-10 11:23 PM
    Options/Third Party Apps/BerryBuzz

In the Contacts section at the bottom, add custom LED and saved it. I used contact from my device contact list. I will let you know when I have a chance to test.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 06:37 AM
    I did that but I get no response from the app

09-22-10 06:51 AM
    I set a custom LED for my wife and will get her to call. I will let you know.
    09-22-10 09:18 AM
    The most current version of BerryBuzz uses the active profile that overrides custom LED. At least, that is what I have found with the little testing that I have been able to do. There used to be a SmartAlerts apps that was able to do this regardless of the active profile.
    09-22-10 10:42 AM
    You mean it uses custom LED that overrides the active profile?
    09-22-10 08:08 PM
    jcp007 is correct and it does work. I have been using it for a few days now with no problem

Here is a picture:

You mean it uses custom LED that overrides the active profile?
    That is correct... if it still doesn't work go into your profiles and turn the LED off.
    09-22-10 08:28 PM
    Turn off the LED? I did.. When I go to contact LED like you are in your picture... See how your contact was added? Mine never adds

09-22-10 08:34 PM
    Not sure if everyone is aware, but there is a new version of BerryBuzz that is set to have some OS6 improvements (3.1.18). I know it addressed the issue of incoming call LED notifications not showing up all the time, but it may fix your contact issues. I currently do not use this feature though.
    09-22-10 08:36 PM
    Ok, I see what the issue is. When I go into Berrybuzz and then add contact. My contact list DOES not populate. I then hit the blackberry button and click select from contact list, and then select all. And then my contacts populate. I pick a contact from there, but it does not get added in berrybuzz. If I do not click select from all contacts and I create a new contact after hitting add contact in berrybuzz, it lets me add them for customer LED. This is cumbersome... so I have to remake contact profiles inside of berrybuzz? Will they work even if I have another contact profile of that person in my core contacts app?
    09-22-10 08:39 PM
    Not sure if everyone is aware, but there is a new version of BerryBuzz that is set to have some OS6 improvements (3.1.18). I know it addressed the issue of incoming call LED notifications not showing up all the time, but it may fix your contact issues. I currently do not use this feature though.
    I have 3.1.18 installed and I am experiencing this issue.
    09-22-10 08:41 PM
    No you do not need to remake your contact profiles it uses the one already on your phone... I would try removing, rebooting and installing the latest version and see if that works.

What version are you currently using.

Also, not to run you off but there is a section where bellshare do respond to their apps here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...-3-how-478064/
    09-22-10 08:42 PM
    Ok let me run 3.1.18 and see if I get the same error
    09-22-10 08:45 PM
    ohh... I sent them emails, posted on their actual forums.. and I got no response from anyone! That's why I'm here. Well it seems the issue is berrybuzz is having difficulties locating my address book. That's the issue. Try what I said. Hit select from contact list, and then choose all.. and pick a contact to test if it works for you.
    09-22-10 08:46 PM
    Ok let me run 3.1.18 and see if I get the same error
    Thanks, i appreciate it!
    09-22-10 08:47 PM
    ok try this... go to your main contact list, find the contact you wish to add, hold down on that name and go to full menu.

At the very top go to add BerryBuzz LED and enter what you want.

both the prior way and the way I just stated worked for me.

I am confused about the select all... why/what are you using select all for?
    09-22-10 08:57 PM
    Go to berrybuzz, add contact, select from contact list, then show all contact list...I do this because when I click add contact originally. None of my contacts populate. Still after populating my list through those steps when I click add berryybuzz LED, nothing happens
    09-22-10 09:00 PM
    Go to berrybuzz, add contact, select from contact list, then show all contact list...I do this because when I click add contact originally. None of my contacts populate. Still after populating my list through those steps when I click add berryybuzz LED, nothing happens

Pull your battery... your list should automatically be populating as in when you hit add and it opens your contact list all your contacts should be there.
    09-22-10 09:02 PM
    I think I found the issue. All my contacts are in my AT&T Address book. I have to select that after going to berrybuzz > add contact > select from contact list > AT&T contact list. It does not work when I do this. But when I created one test contact it assigned it to one of my email addresses. That contact lets me add a berrybuzz LED. Does that make sense..? Do I just have to sync my contacts to an email address and then BerryBuzz may work for contacts?
    09-22-10 09:03 PM
    I think I found the issue. All my contacts are in my AT&T Address book. I have to select that after going to berrybuzz > add contact > select from contact list > AT&T contact list. It does not work when I do this. But when I created one test contact it assigned it to one of my email addresses. That contact lets me add a berrybuzz LED. Does that make sense..? Do I just have to sync my contacts to an email address and then BerryBuzz may work for contacts?

AT&T addressbook is mainly a place to backup your address book... atleast that is why I use it. If all your addresses are still on addressbook.att.net and not your phone than you need to sync your phone and have them on your phone. Once you sync it updates your blackberry address book.
    09-22-10 09:05 PM
    AT&T addressbook is mainly a place to backup your address book... atleast that is why I use it. If all your addresses are still on addressbook.att.net and not your phone than you need to sync your phone and have them on your phone. Once you sync it updates your blackberry address book.
    Sync my phone with one of my email addresses? I may know how to do this but could you explain please?
    09-22-10 09:06 PM
    Sync my phone with one of my email addresses? I may know how to do this but could you explain please?

Go into Setup>AT&T Address book and make sure its sync'd up with your phone.
    09-22-10 09:10 PM
    Go into Setup>AT&T Address book and make sure its sync'd up with your phone.
    it says last sync.. and it provides a date. if I click sync now and Wireless Synchronization will it do what you're referring to?
    09-22-10 09:13 PM
    Yes.... when you open your contacts do you not have contacts in there?
    09-22-10 09:17 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD