This is for UK users, has anybody got the sky by mobile remote record app to work on there Bold?? It's the SKY TV app that lets you remotely programme your box at home to record something, had it on one of my old SE phones, it is amazing!!

Anybody??
    09-09-08 09:27 AM
    No, I have never managed to get this working on any smartphone which is a pain as it would be a good thing to have.

Will be interested if you find a way.
    09-10-08 08:58 AM
    The only phone I had it working on was a SE K800i. It worked perfectly!!

Sky website claim they support Blackberry but when you go on the list of compatible blackberry's they are VERY old no recent BB's. I managed to install the app (see pic below), and get it on my BB, it opens and then freezes though, sometimes you can get as far as the TV GUIDE screen before it freezes but that's as far as I have been. I have emailed sky to see when they will be updating the handset list but have had nothing back yet, as you say it's a GREAT thing to have .........if it would work!!

09-10-08 09:09 AM
    I have never got this to work either. What I do now is ring the kids! They are a great remote control!
    09-10-08 09:27 AM
    The text message record service works GREAT. Providing your all set up just text The following to 61759

Programme.channel.date.time

EXAMPLE - eastenders.bbc1.10/09.19:00

Seperate the info with dots.

As I say it works great but obviously you have to pay for the text :-(

The app for phones is data ( so free on unlimited ) I have emailed them and I will post back with anything worth mentioning :-)
    09-10-08 09:39 AM
    The Sky Mobile app is now available in Blackberry AppWorld - at least on the Storm anyway - and works a treat Remote record, as well as various stremaing TV packages if you wish..
    06-10-09 06:31 AM
    I started a thread on this a while back:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/sky-mobile-app-227691/
    Whether the Sky Mobile App is available from App World seems to be network dependent. I have now got it working fine on my Bold (on Vodafone) and I believe others have also. Read the thread and all will become clear.
    06-10-09 08:35 AM
    Do a search in google for wecomm and skymobile.
    You will find the link :-)

Select your blackberry handset and it shall download.
    I just install V 1.2 and all seems good.

Worldhosted
    04-09-10 04:37 AM
    I have a question on this. Am I right in thinking that this app would only work if your set top box is permanently connected to the phone line? Mine isn't any longer so that would be an issue.
    Last edited by London_Falcon; 04-09-10 at 05:37 AM. Reason: typo
    04-09-10 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD