Hey guys,
    I just installed the new Beta 4 version of UberTwitter on my Blackberry. It has been saying, "Unknown error response from Twitter, likely they are over capacity or the service is experiencing difficulty."

I know Twitter has been down about a week or two ago. Is it still down? Is this happening to anyone else?
    08-13-09 08:59 AM
    Mine is working fine.... you might want to do a battery pull or reload the application if that doesn't work.
    08-13-09 09:10 AM
    i had no problem installing mine. sorry to hear you having difficulties
    08-13-09 09:12 AM
    I just tried my connection and it's working just fine... try a battery pull, then try it again.
    08-13-09 09:12 AM
    I tried a battery pull and reloading the application and it doesn't seem to work .
    The older version worked perfectly. I guess I'll have to go to Twitterberry or some other client for now. I loved UberTwitter!!!!

Any suggestions other than TwitterBerry?
    08-13-09 09:44 AM
    Look into Social Scope - though you'll need an invite (you can request one on their site) - as a lot of people love it.

I've been using TB and I find it very easy to use. I'm trying to get into UT as I have more than one Twitter account and UT will let me use both.
    08-13-09 09:54 AM
    I tried a battery pull and reloading the application and it doesn't seem to work .
    The older version worked perfectly. I guess I'll have to go to Twitterberry or some other client for now. I loved UberTwitter!!!!

Any suggestions other than TwitterBerry?
    TwitterBerry was the last one I used... and if UberTwitter ends up going down this advertising path I might be looking for a new Twitter app myself... I can't believe they are talking about a subscription based method to stop their advertisements.... I'm not paying for a Twitter app!!!
    08-13-09 09:55 AM
    Under pressure, Uber removed the ads this morning. Exit the app and reopen it (I had to do it twice) and it's gone. (For now)
    08-13-09 10:00 AM
    Under pressure, Uber removed the ads this morning. Exit the app and reopen it (I had to do it twice) and it's gone. (For now)
    That's my main worry... I just read the blog... and I will most likely (no, I will) be leaving if they bring it back, or if we have to pay for a non-advertised version.
    08-13-09 10:13 AM
    The ads are still there on mine, only tried once though. However the ads really don't bother me, they are just on a small section on top so I just ignore the very top portion.
    08-13-09 10:30 AM
    Ads don't bug me....this stuff has to get paid for somehow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 10:32 AM
    Ok, now the ad are gone. Not that they were a bother.
    08-13-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD