Odd that there isn't any talk of this on the forums, but yesterday Ubertwitter Beta 5 was made available.

We are very excited with this release as we are providing a deep integration with TweetPhoto which will substantially improve the user experience for sharing photographs with your tweets. The release also includes a number of new minor features and bug fixes. We didn't get ALL of the capabilities we wanted into this release, see the bottom of the page for items we are still working on.

* TweetPhoto.com Support - TweetPhoto is now the default photo sharing service. We have fully integrated TweetPhoto's extensive feature list in such a way that it naturally flows with many of the features already available. Favoriting a tweet that includes a TweetPhoto will also favorite the photo on TweetPhoto, deleting a tweet with a TweetPhoto will also delete the TweetPhoto, replying to a tweet with a TweetPhoto will include that reply in the comment stream on TweetPhoto.com, and viewing a photo in UberTwitter will also register the view on TweetPhoto. You can view all of the comments on a TweetPhoto in one place in UberTwitter and, of course, we fully integrated our geolocation capabilities.
    * Email forwarding - You can now forward a tweet directly to email
    * Visual Icon Notification - For newer devices we provide a visual homescreen icon which you can configure to display for either new tweets, new replies/mentions, new direct messages or any combination of the three.
    * Enter to Send - You now have the option to enable pressing ENTER in the compose tweet screen to send the tweet.
    * Search Bug - we fixed a nasty bug which prevented many of you from using the search capability
    * Modified the timeline retrieval logic to account for cases where tweets might not get retrieved if Twitter was experiencing intermittent tweet delivery delays.
    * Exiting App SHIFT-x will now exit the application from any timeline screen
    * Link Shortcut - SHIFT- l will now retrieve any embedded URL in a tweet
    * A link to the original tweet on twitter.com is now included when you copy or email a tweet
    * Advertisements are now not retrieved when the application is in the background, helping battery life.
    * We've added a refresh on the Friends and Followers lists
    * We've made the followers, friends, updates 'active' regions when viewing a tweet. You can click these to directly view those items instead of having to go through the menu.
    * We added a warning when adding a photo to a direct message as it may allow others to view the message through the photo service.
    * Added reply all shortcut when viewing a tweet
    * Added a workaround for a change Twitter made to the Everyone Near You capability

The list below includes features and capabilities which just didn't make it into this release (not enough time in the day!). We will be working on these for the next release though.

* Integration of tweet longer capability so you can send THAT MUCH MORE!
    * Integration into the BlackBerry browser such that URLs can be included directly in a tweet from the browser menu.
    * Saved searches - integrate the new Twitter saved search API. Searches saved via the Twitter web site will be useable on �berTwitter and vice versa
    * Twitter name menu - Type '@' and a list of your friends automatically pops up allowing selection
    Ubertwitter: [Here]
    09-16-09 02:09 PM
    much better than 4.0.
    09-16-09 03:50 PM
    Yeah, it's certainly getting a lot better, and it's replaced Socialscope now as my Twitter client of choice. I just wish they'd start using Twitpic instead of Mypict or Tweetphoto
    09-16-09 04:16 PM
    Its an amazing update

Although I've noticed that
    To get the
    Everyone near you
    In the menu

The app has to connect to the server
    As in sending a tweet a msg a reply
    Edit settings .. Etc

So it appears

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 09:26 PM
    I can't choose between this and twixtreme.
    09-17-09 03:23 AM
    Its an amazing update

Although I've noticed that
    To get the
    Everyone near you
    In the menu

The app has to connect to the server
    As in sending a tweet a msg a reply
    Edit settings .. Etc

So it appears

Thanks. I was trying to figure out what was going on there. The first thing I twittered was I couldn't see the "everyone near you" option. I clicked on "Refresh", then clicked the menu again right away and there was the option. That must be a bug. Or maybe that's the "work around" that they mentioned in the release notes. It just seems odd.
    09-17-09 07:02 AM
    This is from UT twitter -- Submitted UberTwitter to BlackBerry's App World last night...

Maybe we will have final version soon...
    09-17-09 07:31 AM
    how long have they been in beta for? i would like to see a nice and better UI in their final release.

09-17-09 08:42 AM
    I can't choose between this and twixtreme.
    get ubertwitter, twixtreme isn't as good as this!
    09-17-09 08:57 AM
    yeah, i love this new O-mini update. i wish im able to view videos in youtube. but over all this O-mini is pretty user friendly with storm(at least with my storm).
    09-17-09 09:05 AM
    Thanks. I was trying to figure out what was going on there. The first thing I twittered was I couldn't see the "everyone near you" option. I clicked on "Refresh", then clicked the menu again right away and there was the option. That must be a bug. Or maybe that's the "work around" that they mentioned in the release notes. It just seems odd.
    Welcome

Yeah
    I got an email saying that this is a bug they are working on in the next release
    And if you use the cell tower feature for location
    This is what happens

I also noticed that when I click on set permissions
    Nothing happens

09-17-09 11:36 AM
    Yeah, it's certainly getting a lot better, and it's replaced Socialscope now as my Twitter client of choice. I just wish they'd start using Twitpic instead of Mypict or Tweetphoto
    Me too! I uninstalled Socialscope after this release! Major upgrade: Banner notifications! I love it!
    09-17-09 11:42 AM
    If they'd add customizable friend groups with individual alerts I'd happily switch from SocialScope.. Seems as though SocialScope has crawled to a halt in releasing updates ..
    09-17-09 09:30 PM
    My only complaint about this update is now my Twitter notification tone doesn't work. I go into my settings and make sure the sounds on and set but still no tone. I do like the visual alert icon for new @replies and dm's though. But would like my tone back. :-|

09-18-09 08:33 PM
    My only complaint about this update is now my Twitter notification tone doesn't work. I go into my settings and make sure the sounds on and set but still no tone. I do like the visual alert icon for new @replies and dm's though. But would like my tone back. :-|

Yes it does, you need to check mark Enable notifications of new tweets, then go to profiles and edit where it says Ubertwitter - new tweets and and select none for both out of holster and In Holster and where it says repeat notifications select None. As for Direct Messages and Replies just select the ring tone you want and you'll have audio notifications again. Yes it works
    09-18-09 11:09 PM
    Me too...I love it!
    Me too! I uninstalled Socialscope after this release! Major upgrade: Banner notifications! I love it!
    How do you get banner notifications to work?
    09-19-09 01:29 AM
    I spoke too soon. I no longer can see the "everyone Near You" option at all. It's just gone.
    By the way, was there ever a way to know or regulate how "Near You" somebody had to be to be included in that list? It would be nice to set the distances to look for local tweets.
    09-19-09 03:44 AM
    I've used the previous two versions of �T & I'm really liking Beta 5 so far. But can someone post a pic of the notification b/c all I get is a red asterisk over the icon, but nothing @ the topp of screen with the rest of my notifications??

09-20-09 03:21 PM
    I've used the previous two versions of �T & I'm really liking Beta 5 so far. But can someone post a pic of the notification b/c all I get is a red asterisk over the icon, but nothing @ the topp of screen with the rest of my notifications??

This is what it looks like...
    09-20-09 06:29 PM
    I just downloaded this version and so far, so good. I like the notification icon on the home screen and if your's is not working you'll most likely have to go into the options and enable that feature like I did.
    Last edited by Cowchip; 09-20-09 at 07:05 PM.
    09-20-09 07:02 PM
    All I could get was the red star over the homescreen icon, not the banner icon notification. I contacted customer support, and they told me it was only available for OS 4.6 and up. That sucks! I hope they can make it available to those of us who can't upgrade. I have a Pearl 8100, and 4.6 isn't available for us.
    09-23-09 01:02 PM
    I am quite new to Tweets/twitter.

I have a question about the FONTS on the opening screen or the tweets I am following - there is the general Tweet text and under that in a very small font is the TIME. Since I really went for Twitter to see current WA State traffic info, the time is actually somewhat important. The font used to display the time is so tiny and faint that it is hard to read.

I have tweaked (rather than tweeted) the font settings but nothing seems to alter the size of the time font. Is this something in Ubertwitter or is it the nature of twitter itself?

Thanks
    09-23-09 02:20 PM
    Do all of you leave UT running in the background? I'm assuming you do with all the talk of notifications. If so, is it a memory/battery drain? I don't leave it running right now, but if it's not a big problem, I would. Thanks for any input!
    09-26-09 06:08 AM
    It doesn't seem to wear on the battery that bad at all. I have mine set to do an auto refresh every 15 minutes and it's running 24/7.
    09-26-09 12:56 PM
    I have a Pearl 8130 but I can't seem to get homescreen notification for new tweets , @replies and DM's. I did check the 'move to background on close' but still no notification. Any idea why??
    09-29-09 12:21 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD