Just installed the twitterberry app on my 8320 and I can't get it to connect to twitter. I keep getting this error message "could not contact Twitter. Try another connection method" fyi connection method is set to auto-detect and I've also cycled through all the other options with out success. Please help.
    01-30-09 10:23 AM
    Battery pull... If not try changing your password online (you can always change it back) and also, you can reinstall the app if you have to. Its ota right? Shouldn't take long to do so. Also, if you just Can Not get it to work, there is another app called twhirl. Its free and ha much of the same functionality.

Best of luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 10:43 AM
    Thanks it wasnt a pw problem and i also did a battery pull yest...I will def take a look at twhirl though i appreciate the suggestion thanks a lot
    01-30-09 12:08 PM
    You're welcome. I just wonder why it is not working...

01-30-09 02:21 PM
    I was having the same problem on my Storm with a fresh download of TwitterBerry. For the **** of it, I saved my settings (although the test connection was failing), tried to upload an update, and it worked!

Weird! Seems like the "test connection" was giving a false error message.
    01-31-09 12:28 AM
    Same here. The test connection was a false error message. It works fine for me now.
    01-31-09 02:48 PM
    Same here. The test connection was a false error message. It works fine for me now.
    I was getting the same "Could not contact Twitter. Try another connection method." message when testing the connection... but seems to work ??? Anyways, we'll see what twitterville brings to my life...
    02-01-09 03:21 PM
    You are absolutely right Test Connection always fails but twitterberry is actually connected fine I receive and send updates fine.
    02-02-09 08:32 AM
    I had this problem too, but I was able to connect anyway, so my question is...

does that mean the update interval doesn't take effect now? i've never used twitterberry before, so i don't know how it works. if i set the update interval for 30 mins, is it supposed to alert me every 30 minutes when it's updated, or will that not work if the connection "isn't working?"
    02-02-09 09:59 PM
    ok so when i try to go on my twitterberry app installed on my blackberry
    it doesnt work when i try updating my status just says "updating status"... and freezes?
    i dont understand if i have 2 type any TCP addresses? im on t-mobile. its driving me insane!!!! HELP
    05-01-09 01:22 PM
    I loved the upgrade, but I kept getting network errors and fianlly went back to vs 8
    05-02-09 08:30 PM
    Try ubertwitter. Problem free so far.

05-02-09 08:36 PM
    Where can I get the older version of twitterberry? Since I upgraded about a week ago ALL twitter apps on my phone are locking up with the GD hourglass. I am having to reset my phone anytime I use any of them. It is making me crazy!!!

Last edited by shady360; 05-08-09 at 11:07 AM.
    05-04-09 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD