Firstly, is twitterberry acting slow for anyone else? It's frozen up my blackberry (pearl 8130) twice today and whenever I do manage to get it working it is SO slow. If I want to click on a tweet to read the whole thing, I can't scroll precisely enough to click on it.. like I'll scroll and it'll stutter and land on the wrong tweet. I haven't updated anything or changed anything either... I downloaded twitterberry about a week or two ago and it was working fine til last night.

Secondly, is there anything better than twitterberry? I really just need something for reading my friends timeline, updating, replying... it would be nice if I could add followers on the go to. I don't use twitpic, I use flickr instead, so that's not really a necessity for me...
    03-25-09 12:50 PM
    Firstly, is twitterberry acting slow for anyone else? It's frozen up my blackberry (pearl 8130) twice today and whenever I do manage to get it working it is SO slow. If I want to click on a tweet to read the whole thing, I can't scroll precisely enough to click on it.. like I'll scroll and it'll stutter and land on the wrong tweet. I haven't updated anything or changed anything either... I downloaded twitterberry about a week or two ago and it was working fine til last night.

Secondly, is there anything better than twitterberry? I really just need something for reading my friends timeline, updating, replying... it would be nice if I could add followers on the go to. I don't use twitpic, I use flickr instead, so that's not really a necessity for me...
    There isn't anything cheaper that I know of for sure.
    If it has been working fine until last night it may very well be a network issue. Re-boot everything and see if that helps. If not give it 24 hours to resolve.
    03-25-09 01:07 PM
    i use TinyTwitter and like it a lot, they have a new beta out for blackberry that rocks, only thing i havent been able to figure out is the audible alerts
    03-25-09 01:16 PM
    Same problem here.. I just posted a thread in the blackberry 83xx forum... Im gettin kinda sick of this.. I have been having problems since earlyyyy this morning. So please someone tell me this is a bug that will be fixed.. So can someone please give me the link for tinytwitter? Hate to use something else besides twitterberry ...
    03-25-09 02:21 PM
    My Twitterberry has been trippin since yesterday!!! Here ya go:
    This one lists different options: Roundup: BlackBerry Twitter Clients | CrackBerry.com
    Here's TinyTwitter- check it on ur bb browser:
    http://www.tinytwitter.com
    Last edited by babytraci; 03-25-09 at 03:40 PM.
    03-25-09 03:26 PM
    There isn't anything cheaper that I know of for sure.
    If it has been working fine until last night it may very well be a network issue. Re-boot everything and see if that helps. If not give it 24 hours to resolve.
    I wouldn't even mind paying money if it was worth it... hope it's just a network issue. I've done like 3 battery pulls to unfreeze my blackberry...
    03-25-09 03:37 PM
    Yeah... there were a few I didn't know about but... they all still kinda stink, lol!

I don't want to get the updates emailed to me (I have quite a few friends that talk A LOT), so BBtweet is out. I didn't like viigo when I used it, I requested a socialscope invite but it said it would take weeks... I think I might try twibble...
    03-25-09 03:43 PM
    any chance this has to do with twitter itself? twitter has been WAY slow lately and i often get the "too many tweets" screen on the web-based version. maybe it's their servers causing the problem.
    03-25-09 03:51 PM
    Okay so twibble doesn't let you know how many letters you have left/have typed... so how do I know when I've typed more than 140 letters?

Edited... okay I see that it tells you when the area is full. Still would be nice if it warned you how many characters you had left...

I'm picky.
    Last edited by pinkdaisy226; 03-25-09 at 04:23 PM.
    03-25-09 04:14 PM
    Ok I deleted 0.9 again..and back to 0.8 and its bringing up an error thing.. I'm gettin sick of this and really don't wanna use a different app.. So is this just a bug then? Do u think this will be fixed within a day or so?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 04:24 PM
    Just downloaded the new Tiny Twitter and I have to say, I am impressed. Not bad.
    03-25-09 05:06 PM
    Just downloaded the new Tiny Twitter and I have to say, I am impressed. Not bad.
    Tell me more!! What's different about it? *off to search for more info*
    03-25-09 05:14 PM
    Tell me more!! What's different about it? *off to search for more info*
    I have been using Twitterberry. So TinyTwitter is new to me. Not sure what has changed but I like it. Check it out at tinytwitter dot com
    03-25-09 06:34 PM
    I use Yatca, is really cool and powerful =)
    03-25-09 06:48 PM
    The only problem with TinyTwitter is it is not integrated with BB alerts. Doesn't really bother me but it has so many more options than the other clients.

I have had trouble with TwitPic uploads though but it is just as easy to send through email.
    03-25-09 08:14 PM

I have got exactly the same problem on 8310 - tracked it down to a profile picture from StephenFry that he has just changed and its about 350K - it looks like Twitterberry tries to download it each time to show it on screen and since I am on GRPS / EDGE it freezes everything.

Anyone know how to get TwitterBerry to cache the profile pics?
    03-27-09 04:50 AM
    I used to use Twibble and Tiny Twitter but since the release of YATCA I've deleted both of those. It's awesone because it integrates with your message box. But, if you have a lot of people that your following you may want to disable receiving friend updates or it could flood your mailbox.
    03-27-09 04:59 AM
    it looks like Twitterberry tries to download it each time to show it on screen and since I am on GRPS / EDGE it freezes everything.

has anyone came up w/ a solution or workaround for this? it's getting ridiculous on my end.

i downloaded twibble and didn't like the UI. i'm giving tinytwitter a try, but it's not working. i really appreciated the twitterberry application, but this has to get better.
    03-27-09 09:15 AM
    Okay since using twibble and learning the keyboard shortcuts, I'm liking it better than twitterberry. I like that I can reply to a friend's tweet and that it'll take me back to the timeline, not to a blank page.

dgat666 you're right, twitterberry doesn't seem to cache profile pics, and that's why I think it was freezing up at first.
    03-27-09 10:35 AM
    Same problem here, starting this morning. Can't start up without freezing. Log shows as some severe missing java service or something... for now I uninstalled it. Would love to get socialscope, but they are currently closed to beta testing :-( I reported problem to Orangatame and got a response saying "stay tuned for the next release, which will debut exciting new features and address current bugs". <sign> Well, it IS a beta, even though we'd all like to think of it as a completed app!
    03-27-09 12:32 PM
    I have got exactly the same problem on 8310 - tracked it down to a profile picture from StephenFry that he has just changed and its about 350K - it looks like Twitterberry tries to download it each time to show it on screen and since I am on GRPS / EDGE it freezes everything.

Ahhh, I'm having the same problem and I also follow StephenFry.
    03-27-09 08:13 PM
    Ahhh, I'm having the same problem and I also follow StephenFry.
    Could you please tweet him (and anyone else with the same problem) - I have sent him 3 or 4 tweets to ask him to change the piccy but to no avail - I guess he probably gets thousands of tweets a day so if others can tweet there is more chance he will see there is a problem
    03-28-09 05:58 AM
    I was having problems since I upgraded to .9a beta of twitterberry.. .I deleted it and installed tiny twitter and haven't looked back since. IMHO tiny twitter looks better , displays entire message on screen without needed to click to enter/read , and all the functions work... even can use gps in the phole to find tweets from people in the area.
    03-28-09 07:33 AM
    Could you please tweet him (and anyone else with the same problem) - I have sent him 3 or 4 tweets to ask him to change the piccy but to no avail - I guess he probably gets thousands of tweets a day so if others can tweet there is more chance he will see there is a problem
    It looks like he did resize it! I had actually deleted him... it helped, but the issue is still there if I try to scroll too far down. Maybe someone else has a huge user pic.
    03-30-09 11:11 AM
    Social Scope is by far the best Twitter client out there. You have to go sign up on their site but the only problem its takes a month or two to get a invite. I use Twitterberry .8 as back up incase SS servers go down. I tried TB .9 and too me it just straight out sucks.
    03-30-09 11:15 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD