I am a new twitter user this week and loaded twitterberry on my Curve but I don't think it's working the way it should be. Lack of documentation on their site or response to a contact request sent thru their website, or a direct email sent to Jason Shroeder that the case number came back from have yielded nothing, not even a reply, nor have posting questions on different websites. I made a post earlier today in a thread in this very forum that had many pages of discussion but no replies there either so I thought I would repost here, if you see it as a duplicate I apologize.

"I just signed up on twitter this week and downloaded twitterberry for my 8330 Curve but not certain if it is working correctly or something is wrong. I would think that it should notify me when I�m not actually inside the application, just like the Facebook app does. I verified my phone number and have several people set up for their mobile devices to be on but if I have mobile on in Twitter, I get sms messages only. I turned device updates off yesterday morning thinking that maybe twitterberry pulls it differently than through the mobile devices and sms was getting sent before twitterberry grabbed it but that didn't work either. I have Configured it for Auto Detect connection, 1 min intervals, and default splash page is friends timeline. Test connection gives back Success! In the profile I typically have it on vibrate and my Friends Timeline setting is set to vibrate, volume mute, LED flashing, 2 vibrations.

Shouldn�t I get a vibrate from a new tweet when someone updates that I have mobile updates on for? I turned it back on and am now just getting sms again, nothing through twitterberry unless I have the app open."

I also loaded twitterberry tonight on my wife's Curve with the same results. Am I wrong to expect it to notify me when someone tweets that I have mobile updates turned on for? I would like to discontinue getting them as sms.
    01-17-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD