Just started getting "uncaught exception java.lang.illegalargumentexception" when trying to load my Friends Timeline on TB. All the other timelines are fine (public/replies etc) and I can post. Do I have to reinstall my BB OS? Please say no, I haven't the patience today! What's gone wrong?

Oops, details,

OS 4.6.247
    TB vsn 0.9
    Last edited by flamingkitties; 03-25-09 at 08:47 AM.
    03-25-09 08:44 AM
    it wont be your bb os prob its more like twitterberry problem. it is only a beta version and this new update is rubbish!
    delete it and then reinstall is always the best option!
    03-25-09 11:30 AM
    it wont be your bb os prob its more like twitterberry problem. it is only a beta version and this new update is rubbish!
    delete it and then reinstall is always the best option!
    I quite like the new update, I'm not sure what the problem is with it.
    Anyway I have done a re-install, and it works now, Ii don't know why I just didn't do this to begin with, I am a dolt.

(Is Blackpool particularly blustery today?)
    03-25-09 11:56 AM
    Are there any known issues with this new version?
    03-25-09 11:57 AM
    Are there any known issues with this new version?
    Yes:

* Invalid Browser Detected
    * I cannot install TwitterBerry: Error 403
    * I cannot install TwitterBerry: Error 406
    * Invalid username/password errors after installation
    * BlackBerry Storm does not rotate to landscape mode

I don't know if my issue related to any of those. I'm guessing not.
    03-25-09 12:00 PM
    I have deleted and reinstalled, and still the same problem. Freezes everytime I hit friends timeline. This is driving me insane!!!
    03-25-09 02:23 PM
    It went tits up again. I've rolled back to 0.8.
    Interested to know if anyone else has had this error: "uncaught exception java.lang.illegalargumentexception"

Edit: someone else has, phew, not just me then!
    03-25-09 02:29 PM
    It went tits up again. I've rolled back to 0.8.
    Interested to know if anyone else has had this error: "uncaught exception java.lang.illegalargumentexception"

Edit: someone else has, phew, not just me then!
    I did have that same problem many times, but all I had to do was restart the app, and then it was working...
    03-25-09 02:55 PM
    Another error: "uncaught exception: pop Screen: Ui Engine is null != net.rim.device.api.ui.UiEngineImpl@ae14bb7"

Had this a few time son 0.8, it closes TB after posting an update and has that to say...
    03-26-09 04:11 AM
    This is my first Crackberry post!! -- Anyway, the same thing is happening to me!!

I had Twitterberry 0.8 on my Blackberry, and it was fiiine! But then I saw that it upgraded to 0.9 and I installed that..
    It was working fine, but then all of a sudden whenever I would go to check 'Friends Timeline', this "uncaught exception java.lang.illegalargumentexception" pop-up would come up.. It's been doing it for maybe 3 days now, and it's really getting on my nerves.
    I uninstalled it last night -- And didn't re-install it till just maybe a half-hour ago.. It was working okay the first time, but now again, everytime I go to check the 'Friends Timeline' again -- that long pop-up keeps coming up..!
    I just want my Twitterberry back!

It is very annoying -- So if anyone has any ideas of how to stop this -- Or how to change it, please let me know.. Thank you!
    03-26-09 02:28 PM
    This is my first Crackberry post!! -- Anyway, the same thing is happening to me!!

I had Twitterberry 0.8 on my Blackberry, and it was fiiine! But then I saw that it upgraded to 0.9 and I installed that..
    It was working fine, but then all of a sudden whenever I would go to check 'Friends Timeline', this "uncaught exception java.lang.illegalargumentexception" pop-up would come up.. It's been doing it for maybe 3 days now, and it's really getting on my nerves.
    I uninstalled it last night -- And didn't re-install it till just maybe a half-hour ago.. It was working okay the first time, but now again, everytime I go to check the 'Friends Timeline' again -- that long pop-up keeps coming up..!
    I just want my Twitterberry back!

It is very annoying -- So if anyone has any ideas of how to stop this -- Or how to change it, please let me know.. Thank you!
    I know I am having the same exact problems. It is driving me INSANE! I wish I would have NEVER upgraded to the 0.9 because after that so many problems. Even after I went back to 0.8! Ughhhhhhhhh Im going nuts!
    03-27-09 12:27 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Now I use Twitterberry 0.8 again.
    03-28-09 12:30 PM
    The same problem but my java lang error say something about memory. I downgrade to 0.8 but the 0.8 after the 0.9 errors don't work smuth that before
    03-28-09 09:42 PM
    I have had the same problem with 0.8 and 0.9. If the error appears even in 0.8, uninstall it,restart,reinstall 0.8.Otherwise you have problems. Restart everytime you install/uninstall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 02:40 AM
    My 0.8 has become very laggy since I reinstalled it, (post 0.9) piff.
    03-29-09 03:10 AM
    I am having the same issues!! I get a "Uncaught exception: java.lang.outofmemoryerror" when I click on the Twitterberry icon. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled and it will work for a bit, but then I'll get the error again. And I noticed that when I uninstall it, it doesn't really uninstall. Because all my settings ie: password and username are still there when I reinstall it. I'm beyond frustrated. And yes, this all started AFTER I installed 0.9 and then downgraded because 0.9 royally f-ed up my phone. I do not want to wipe my phone and I'm hoping someone, anyone can help me figure out a few things.

1) how to totally wipe a program (Twitterberry) from my phone
    2) how to fix this "uncaught exception:java.lang.outofmemoryerror" -btw...I have MORE THAN ENOUGH MEMORY.

*sigh* just HELP ME!!

THanks to anyone who has a solution to this problem!!

<3 Candice
    03-29-09 02:28 PM
    Apparently there's a fix in Twitterberry 0.9 beta 2

I'm going to try it and see if it works. I'll report back if there's any further problems.

Cant post the link because haven't posted enough. LOL

I'm sure you all can find it.
    03-29-09 03:02 PM
    My 0.8 has become very laggy since I reinstalled it, (post 0.9) piff.
    Yep same here, even after restarting it. UGH..
    03-29-09 07:19 PM
    TwitterBerry for BlackBerry
    Well lets see how this works! Will let ya guys know if the bugs are fixed!
    03-29-09 07:37 PM
    I just installed the new update and it is working a little better. One thing that gets it to work for a short time is to clear cache in the configure page. It got so bad that I deleted it and installed tiny twitter - which isn't so bad if you ask me.

03-29-09 08:18 PM
    The new beta seems to be better - hasn't frozen up on me yet - half hour so far.

03-29-09 08:45 PM
    ugh, i was so excited about twitterberry, it worked the first couple time, then I was also getting the memory error message. I was running the .8, I'm deleting it now and going to install the .9 I hope it works better, I'll keep you posted. Thank you all for all your posts and helpful info!!

03-29-09 09:44 PM
    well so far so good on .9. i hope it keeps working.

03-29-09 10:03 PM
    I managed to get a clean install of 0.8 again and it's fine.No more new betas for me,I don't have tha patience of a tester

03-29-09 11:59 PM
    I have 0.9 beta 3 and it is GREAT. Thank god..
    03-30-09 12:04 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD