Hi all.
    I am new to Twitter, and have just downloaded v2.0.0.16 onto my Bold 9700.
    Now, my "very stupid" question is this:-

When I look at a Tweet on the Twitter site on my laptop, if there are any replies/a conversation/thread (or whatever it is called!), it appears in a window to the right and it is very easy to click on a tweet, & see the thread/conversation on the right related to the tweet.

How do I see these replies/conversations/threads on my 9700???
    I have looked at all the options/menus etc. and I just can't find the replies to a tweet.

What am I missing?????

Please help a frustrated newbie!!!
    07-10-11 02:27 AM
    Did u click the icon that u were to move to homescreen from application folder? Did u sign in once u clicked it? Redo everything and see what step u missed or maybe u need to download a lower version of twitter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 07:51 AM
    Thx for the reply.

I have checked everything. Also I have uninstalled & then re-installed the app. All appears to be working fine, (i can receive tweets, look at following/followers etc, trends,search) its all there, just not the bit I am after!
    I need someone with a 9700 who also uses the RIM Twitter app, to tell me what should be happening. Or what buttons to push to view a thread or conversation. Perhaps it is not possible on a 9700 like it is on a pc/laptop????
    Interestingly, I also looked at the Twitter link using the Snaptu app, and again, it shows tweets but not any replies/threads etc......
    07-10-11 09:23 AM
    I'm on a Storm2, but I imagine it works the same way on the Bold...if there's a tweet that's in reply to someone else, it should say "in reply to @username" in gray underlined text below the tweet. If you click on that, it opens the conversation view in a separate screen. When you're done, hit the escape button and it takes you back to your place in the timeline.
    07-10-11 11:15 AM
    I'm on a Storm2, but I imagine it works the same way on the Bold...if there's a tweet that's in reply to someone else, it should say "in reply to @username" in gray underlined text below the tweet. If you click on that, it opens the conversation view in a separate screen. When you're done, hit the escape button and it takes you back to your place in the timeline.
    Thx for that.
    Let me give you a "for example" :-
    I follow Stephen Fry. As explained in my earlier post,On my laptop, I click on one of his many tweets, and a list of comments & replies to that post come up on a window on the right.
    If I find the exact same tweet on my 9700, there is no indication that there are replies, or if I click on it, another screen is displayed, but still no indication that there are replies. (I know there is as I have seen them on my laptop).
    This is my problem/query. How do I display these comments?

07-10-11 11:42 AM
    Thx for that.
    Let me give you a "for example" :-
    I follow Stephen Fry. As explained in my earlier post,On my laptop, I click on one of his many tweets, and a list of comments & replies to that post come up on a window on the right.
    If I find the exact same tweet on my 9700, there is no indication that there are replies, or if I click on it, another screen is displayed, but still no indication that there are replies. (I know there is as I have seen them on my laptop).
    This is my problem/query. How do I display these comments?

I see what you're saying now. I don't know of any way to display that in Twitter for BlackBerry, or any third-party Twitter app for that matter. I suppose you could always search for @username, but it would give you replies to any of their tweets, not just a specific one.
    07-10-11 03:41 PM
    If you go to their profile you can see their @replies, and within a tweet, you can see the conversation if they're tweeting @ a user.

07-10-11 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD