Mine hit right away after downloading.
    02-22-11 01:42 PM
    Initiate the download again and see if that generates a new code.
    Worked like a charm! Got the email immediately that time. Thanks!
    02-22-11 01:50 PM
    kind of a ****-off that i spent quite a bit of time trying to get .13 to install properly lol. oh well, nice to see location finally!

Lets get chat in facebook now!
    02-22-11 02:17 PM
    i downloaded and got my keycode instantly, but it wont let me paste the keycode into the field so i cant use the app.
    02-22-11 02:29 PM
    what phoneare you on? on my torch i highlighted the field, pressed the trackpad button and i could paste it in
    02-22-11 02:32 PM
    i am on a bold 9650 running 6.0. I tried both ways, i hit the menu button and hit paste and held down the trackpad and hit paste and both times it didnt paste.
    02-22-11 02:36 PM
    For some reason I'm getting the old icon from the 1.0.1.13, not the new one. I've tried deleting and rebooting several times, but I still get the old one. Anyone know how to get the new one with the speech Bubble?
    I'm using 6.0.0.461 on a Curve 9300, if it makes a difference.
    02-22-11 02:40 PM
    Also, the issue with not being able to paste the keycode is listed on the "known issues" page in the Beta Zone. Here's what they say:

"Cannot paste key code - Work-around: Copy the key code > enter into the Twitter for BlackBerry smartphone application > scroll down to the key code field > hold down the track pad until the pop-up menu appears > select paste on the pop-up menu."
    02-22-11 02:46 PM
    Downloaded fine. Keycode worked great. Using it and loving it.
    02-22-11 05:35 PM
    I wish Mentions would come through the same way DMs do instead of just seeing a message that says "You have 2 mentions" (or something like that).
    02-22-11 06:15 PM
    push mentions not working for me it seems. I disabled the option for tweets to refresh in the background. That shouldn't affect it should it? If it does it's not really push notifications.
    02-22-11 07:23 PM
    Installed it over a logged in v.13 and It didn't even asked for a key code!

I'm not sure what are the new features.. but the new icon looks pretty nice..

EDIT: just read that it has push mentions feature.. Gonna try it out now...
    Last edited by CrackFachry; 02-22-11 at 07:56 PM.
    02-22-11 07:52 PM
    For some reason I'm getting the old icon from the 1.0.1.13, not the new one. I've tried deleting and rebooting several times, but I still get the old one. Anyone know how to get the new one with the speech Bubble?
    I'm using 6.0.0.461 on a Curve 9300, if it makes a difference.
    I have the same icon you do, I think, with only the Twitter bird? Not sure how to get the new one though.
    02-22-11 11:17 PM
    Why is it givin me a hard time with the password tryin to sign up for a beta users omg

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 11:52 PM
    For people having trouble pasting the key code- hold the track pad down, and then select paste- that's how I got it to work for me.

02-23-11 02:12 AM
    Any cod files to be downloaded? For leaked beta version, I would recommend to use apploader installation instead of OTA to bypass any code...
    02-23-11 05:53 AM
    I really like it. Push mentions and DM's working just fine for me.
    02-23-11 07:45 AM
    I have the same icon you do, I think, with only the Twitter bird? Not sure how to get the new one though.

Yeah, I'm getting the bird but no speech bubble. I've tried deleting and reinstalling and battery pulling, but it doesn't seem to be working. Oh well.
    02-23-11 08:53 AM
    Yeah, I'm getting the bird but no speech bubble. I've tried deleting and reinstalling and battery pulling, but it doesn't seem to be working. Oh well.
    Maybe they just haven't updated the icon for the lower-res BBs... oh well...
    02-23-11 10:08 AM
    I really like it. Push mentions and DM's working just fine for me.
    So, to make sure I understand, when you get a mention, you see it in your Message List just like a DM or another email, with the text? And not just "You have 3 mentions"?
    02-23-11 04:50 PM
    I didn't have any issues with the installation. I installed it prior to the beta version coming out.
    02-23-11 07:20 PM
    .16 doesn't have the option to automatically connect to twitter when on wifi like .13 did so I downgraded I think its an awesome feature that they shouldn't have taken out

02-23-11 07:38 PM
    Is there anyway to 'cheat' the Beta Zone sign-up ?
    I'm located in the Netherlands and the sign-up form isn't available in my country...

Any suggestions or thoughts ?
    Thanks !
    02-24-11 05:45 AM
    Is there anyway to 'cheat' the Beta Zone sign-up ?
    I'm located in the Netherlands and the sign-up form isn't available in my country...

Any suggestions or thoughts ?
    Thanks !
    Probably if u use US or Canada details to sign up but it's not really worth it. For one the apps typically get released 2 - 3 weeks after the program starts(in some cases, less time) and feedback is hardly ever implemented in the released edition. They may use it in future builds though and you can contact RIM directly to give product suggestions anyways without being a beta member.

that coupled with the fact that you BB registers your location.
    02-24-11 09:26 AM
    I've mentioned in the beta forum that the DM windows are quite poky on a low res BB like my 9300. Also, I have been able to loose the highlight cursor when using the recent trends page. When viewing a profile, the Home button gets stcuk on that profile and I cannot return to my own timeline.

In both cases, a sign-out/sign-in cures it.

02-24-11 05:30 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD