I have a question.....i downloaded Twitter on my Blackberry but can't figure out how to find out where the new tweets begin? Do I need to scroll down becuz if so that is a pain in the ****!!!
    04-19-10 11:07 AM
    who knows....use ubertwitter
    04-19-10 11:18 AM
    Is it really that hard? It should be right in front of you. It's the easiest to use Twitter app on BlackBerry.
    04-19-10 11:41 AM
    Redwanhuq? it is in front of me but I'm assuming I have to scroll down to find where the last viewed tweet was......and its not......
    04-19-10 01:50 PM
    Trash the standard and download the Uber, it rocks!
    04-19-10 02:42 PM
    Igdlman.....I had ubertwitter before but is there a way you can tell where the newest tweets start?
    04-19-10 02:57 PM
    It MAY just be me, but has anyone else noticed a slight battery drain/memory drain after downloading the new Twitter app?

EDIT: I don't mean to hack the thread, just curious.
    04-19-10 03:09 PM
    Igdlman.....I had ubertwitter before but is there a way you can tell where the newest tweets start?
    Most recent tweets appear at the top, just like at the Twitter website. Also, it tells you in the bottom right how recently each tweet was posted.
    04-19-10 03:13 PM
    The question is: when a batch of them are downloaded to the phone, where is the first tweet of that batch.

It's been bothering me too.

With Uber it would stay on the last read so that when a new group gets pulled in you could scroll through the newest batch and read them in chronological order. Sometimes the BB app will do this, other times it will not. When it doesn't you have to scroll down and try to remember where you left off reading.
    Last edited by Cowchip; 04-19-10 at 03:45 PM.
    04-19-10 03:43 PM
    thank you cowchip!!! i actually just redownloaded uber twiter!! so i guess i'll go with that
    04-19-10 03:47 PM
    actually even on UberTwitter you still have to scroll down to where you read the last one
    04-19-10 04:13 PM
    It MAY just be me, but has anyone else noticed a slight battery drain/memory drain after downloading the new Twitter app?

EDIT: I don't mean to hack the thread, just curious.
    BIG TIME (I mean with battery and memory)

Uber when opened goes to the last viewed tweet.****
    RIM's client doesn't. It goes to the newest tweet.

*** I had mine set to check every hr (which I hit update on my own anyhow) so I think this is why I thought that it went to the last viewed.

I have sinned....
    Last edited by Tony Bag O Donuts; 04-19-10 at 04:30 PM. Reason: I am a bad boy
    04-19-10 04:17 PM
    Mine doesnt go to the last viewed tweet.....not until I scroll down
    04-19-10 04:20 PM
    My only two gripes about the native twitter app are not knowing where the last tweet was after updating several tweets and not being able to add comments to retweets...for that reason I went back to Uber. If those two things change I'll consider going back.
    04-19-10 04:29 PM
    I wish RT's would show in the timeline.
    Uber shows them.....
    04-19-10 04:31 PM
    Steve??? Can you tell where the last tweet is after the newest tweets are on Uber?
    04-19-10 05:09 PM
    Are you guys closing down Uber after every session? I would only exit so that it's always running in the application switcher. (You have to change that option in the settings I believe so that it doesn't completely close when you exit.) When there was an indication of new tweets I'd open it through the switcher and could scroll up through the new tweets until I reached the top. With the BB app it seems to almost always be at the top.

I realize that it's still running in the background, but I wished that the BB app would "minimize" to the app switcher like every other app does instead of closing down.
    04-19-10 05:17 PM
    im also have the same problem of telling which tweet is new and it annoys the **** out of me trying to look for unread tweets....im back to socialscope anyhow which im enjoying
    04-19-10 05:23 PM
    I think if you give the trackball a quick scroll down after opening the BB Twitter app it'll automatically scroll down to the first unread tweet. Still confirming...
    04-19-10 06:52 PM
    Well I'm not closing Uber so I'll just have to figure something else out.....here's another question....Uber isnt showing up in the "other" part where the sound notifies you....how do I fix that
    04-20-10 12:44 AM
    If you leave the twitter app running and have it put a message in the massages app when a new tweets arrive.

when you go to read the new tweets, access from the message and it will go to twitter at the point you last where
    04-20-10 03:09 AM
    Maybe it's just me but...

If you have the "Navigation Bar" enabled;
    >and leave "Home" highlighted when exiting (with he red 'End' button) when notified of new tweets, open the app and scroll down (as if trying to highlight the top tweet) and it will scroll (by itself) down to the last read tweet. You can then scroll up reading tweets 'til "Home" again highlights...you've reached the end of your new tweets.
    >and leave the last tweet highlighted (scroll down one from "Home") when exiting, it will have that tweet highlighted when re-opened (still the top tweet though). You can then scroll up through the new tweets 'til you get "home" highlighted again. No more new tweets.

If you have the "Navigation Bar" disabled;
    >you have no choice, the last tweet is highlighted..close the app (with the red "End" button). When re-opened, that same tweet is highlighted...scroll up through your new tweets 'til it won't scroll up any more. No more new tweets.

Repeat as required.

As I said at the start, I can't imagine I'm the only one that it works for...

*shrug*
    04-20-10 07:55 AM
    the Twitter app usually goes the last read message when I scroll into the timeline. There's also a solid line between updates (as opposed to a dashed one) that shows where the latest round of updates starts - I think.
    04-20-10 10:00 AM
    I wish RT's would show in the timeline.
    Uber shows them.....
    Yeah I agree, I would love to see my retweets as well.
    04-20-10 10:08 AM
    Thanks Bjack! Works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 10:18 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD