I'm liking the new version...going to keep an eye on battery life etc (starting at 5 min. refresh)

Overall though...
    04-01-10 11:29 AM
    A lottttt of improvements over the previous, and I'm actually surprised they improved it by this margin in this short span of time, whch is great!

They added in the @mentions notifications, which is great.
    And nice work on the UI

However for improvements' sake, just gonna name a few shortcomings which i feel would be great if implemented.

- No friend picker.
    - No url peeker.
    - @mentions aren't highlighted in another color in main timeline
    - need to reload timeline when viewing @mentions only. it should just filter off the main timeline!
    - geotagging missing! it's getting rather popular!
    - I'm experiencing a bug when entering locked tweets on my timelime. More often than not I get a "this user's tweets are protected", and only by clicking a couple more times did the tweet come out.

and of course, push mentions would be great

Just 2cents
    Last edited by jpgnfx; 04-01-10 at 11:52 AM.
    04-01-10 11:47 AM
    Can anyone help? tried installing thru d/m and it says its not compatible w/ my device & I tried to install thru my sd card and it said missin file?? I have a tour 9630 running on a 0s 5.0?? Am I missing something??

Thx in advance?
    04-01-10 11:49 AM
    This version though is really coming along. I like where they are headed and I'm glad they are trying to improve everything still. Would love to see Tweetphoto and the friend finder though.
    04-01-10 12:27 PM
    Link down
    Nevermind
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-01-10 02:04 PM
    Much better, faster and it will at least notify you when you have mentions / replies. Next up is actually pushing them... I don't know why that would be so hard for them to do. Original retweeting would be great, as well as a name picker. But this is a nice step in the right direction.
    04-01-10 02:43 PM
    Need to add the location features like U.T. So you can choose on the fly and update as needed.
    04-01-10 02:43 PM
    - need to reload timeline when viewing @mentions only. it should just filter off the main timeline!
    that would not work as you think

you can get "mentioned" by someone you don't follow, and that twit would not be on the timeline feed.
    04-01-10 05:59 PM
    need tweetphoto in this app
    04-01-10 07:08 PM
    Its coming along nicely. Much improved from version .28
    04-01-10 07:34 PM
    Its coming along nicely. Much improved from version .28
    Yeah being able to remove the navigation bar and and update box is huge.
    Along with being able to shrink the font, I get a lot more screen real estate.

However, I am still missing tweets here and there.
    04-01-10 07:44 PM
    Definately needs multiple account access and geotagging...and tweetphoto support would be great too

04-01-10 09:56 PM
    that would not work as you think

you can get "mentioned" by someone you don't follow, and that twit would not be on the timeline feed.
    SocialScope managed to implement that very well, however the @mentions by someone not followed was in the original timeline too.

Speaking of which, hope there'll be shortcut keys for timeline/reply views too! Then I could permanantly hide the nav bar as well

04-01-10 10:39 PM
    -Mentions need to be pushed to inbox. It's able to in this version but all it says is "you have new mentions". I'd like to actually see the mentions as a conversation.
    -Direct messages need to act like text messages(for us 5.0 users) and look as if it's a conversation.
    -FRIEND SUGGESTION! I can't remember all of my friends exact names plus they change them once a month.

Also, there should be some rad option for "quick tweet" which you can set for a side button. once pushed it will bring up a small window(like the one when go Twitter>Tweet in the Messages app) and allow you to tweet without loading the main timeline. Oh, and the quick tweet being available to use no matter what app you're in would also be rad.. but maybe i'm going too far.
    04-01-10 11:18 PM
    I'm liking the new version...going to keep an eye on battery life etc (starting at 5 min. refresh)

Overall though...
    I started using the earlier version .28 and found a huge difference in battery life compared to my other favourite twitter app, Uber. That remains true in .37 - no battery drain at all. I think this is one of the greatest strengths of this app and it keeps me using this instead of Uber, which I'll still use occasionally, eg. adding a picture to a DM.

I was reluctant to install the leak because I managed an invite for the first release, but am I ever glad that I did. Biggest downside is the friend picker and I miss the ability to shrink tweets. Overall though this is a BIG step in the right direction for RIM.
    04-02-10 08:14 AM
    -Mentions need to be pushed to inbox. It's able to in this version but all it says is "you have new mentions". I'd like to actually see the mentions as a conversation.
    -Direct messages need to act like text messages(for us 5.0 users) and look as if it's a conversation.
    -FRIEND SUGGESTION! I can't remember all of my friends exact names plus they change them once a month.

Also, there should be some rad option for "quick tweet" which you can set for a side button. once pushed it will bring up a small window(like the one when go Twitter>Tweet in the Messages app) and allow you to tweet without loading the main timeline. Oh, and the quick tweet being available to use no matter what app you're in would also be rad.. but maybe i'm going too far.
    Those are some good ideas, you should be sending feedback to RIM... Once they use true PUSH for mentions this app will start to replace all the others out there... I think it has one of the best (if not THE best) looking UI for a twitter app. I really like the colors, and especially the bright green highlight colors.

I am already using this app over my PAID version of Ubertwitter, just because it looks so much nicer..
    04-02-10 09:12 AM
    Those are some good ideas, you should be sending feedback to RIM... Once they use true PUSH for mentions this app will start to replace all the others out there... I think it has one of the best (if not THE best) looking UI for a twitter app. I really like the colors, and especially the bright green highlight colors.

I am already using this app over my PAID version of Ubertwitter, just because it looks so much nicer..
    I agree. It's been confirmed by UT that a new GUI is in the works. I'd also like to see the RIM Twitter give the option of using BB Maps or Google...I'm jus sayin'.
    04-02-10 09:38 AM
    I started using the earlier version .28 and found a huge difference in battery life compared to my other favourite twitter app, Uber. That remains true in .37 - no battery drain at all. I think this is one of the greatest strengths of this app and it keeps me using this instead of Uber, which I'll still use occasionally, eg. adding a picture to a DM.

I was reluctant to install the leak because I managed an invite for the first release, but am I ever glad that I did. Biggest downside is the friend picker and I miss the ability to shrink tweets. Overall though this is a BIG step in the right direction for RIM.
    I prefer to shrink tweets manually.

& just a note for in case people do not know,

You can shrink url via the browser by hitting L for link url, or P for page url, and then selecting 'Send to' twitter, the link will be shrunk
    04-02-10 10:29 AM

You can shrink url via the browser by hitting L for link url, or P for page url, and then selecting 'Send to' twitter, the link will be shrunk
    Good find! Thanks, I didn't know you could do that....
    04-02-10 10:34 AM

Very nice. Then you could actually copy that "shrunk address" to the clipboard and use it outside of Twitter.
    04-02-10 12:32 PM
    anyone out there have the link for OS 4.5 - the one in the first post doesn't work?
    04-02-10 03:12 PM
    interesting that the expiration for this version is june 30
    04-02-10 05:23 PM
    coming from tweetgenius it really needs more shortcuts
    04-02-10 05:48 PM
    I am really loving the RIM version, jumped onboard from UberTwitter. I love love love that when you Unfollow someone it deletes all their tweets from your timeline! Love it! I can't wait for the adding text to RT, but the rest of it is awesome enough that I will.

Oh ... and I want a birdie notification on my home screen. Not a "t".... it should at least be an option. Hahaha, the biggest thing I was hoping for!
    04-02-10 06:38 PM
    Is it jut me or for everyone - It loses your scroll position once you 'return' to the main screen. I like that I can return to the main screen read an email, and then return to ubertwitter and it maintains where I was in the time line.
    04-02-10 09:21 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD