I have tried out the various twitter applications ubertwitter, Tweetcaster, snaptu and twitterberry and I have to say so far I am very unimpressed, the apps are sluggish and the UI are not very attractive. Anyone else experiencing the lag on the twitter apps for the blackberry? I just returned a Palm Pre and I have to say the twitter apps on the Pre functioned very nicely. Are there any other twitter applications I dont know about that function better?

Thanks
    10-09-09 10:15 PM
    I have tried all of the Twitter apps I was able to find, and Uber Twitter is the one I've stayed with. It works as advertised, and the ads didn't bother me, although I have upgraded to the non-ad version.
    Try as many as you can, as long as they are free or they offer trial versions and keep whichever works best for your needs.
    10-09-09 10:44 PM
    yeah, ubertwitter is pretty decent =]
    10-09-09 10:51 PM
    anyone know any twitter apps that can tell you when uyo have an update?
    10-09-09 11:08 PM
    I use Twixtreme at TwiXtreme: The Sweetest Twitter� Client for BlackBerry

It's attractive and works fine for my purposes.
    10-09-09 11:21 PM

It's definitely underrated. Twixtreme is well executed.
    10-09-09 11:32 PM
    anyone know any twitter apps that can tell you when uyo have an update?
    twiXtreme does! i love it
    10-09-09 11:38 PM

Wow, that is nice. I have been using Twitterberry forever, but I think I may change.
    10-10-09 12:56 AM
    twixtreme is def my new favorite after tweetcaster (free as well). It is amazing how some free apps can work better than paid ones..
    10-10-09 04:37 AM
    So far I've tried twitterberry, twitterlerts, tweetcaster, and twixtreme. I like twixtreme best - It's attractive yet simple, fast, and it gets the job done. The other 3 all seem to lag more.

Speaking of which, have you all used TwitVid? As someone who just switched to a BB after having an iPhone for the past 2 years, the fact that i can record a video and push a button to upload it and have it be posted on the internet all in under a minute is just mind-blowing.
    10-10-09 05:07 AM
    the new TweetGenius is coming out soon
    10-10-09 06:09 AM
    Still, way more free and better apps out there.
    10-10-09 10:03 AM
    I used ubertwitter, until I got Social Scope. Never looked back from there.
    10-10-09 10:09 AM
    I've tried Twitterberry and Ubertwitter and have been happy with Ubertwitter, no lag, works fine for me.
    10-10-09 10:51 AM
    The blogs on the front page a couple weeks ago suggested that RIM is working on an official twitter app.
    10-10-09 12:45 PM
    Twixtreme is the best.

The only problem is private profiles and it doesn't update trending topics efficiently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 01:21 PM
    Twixtreme is the best.
    Just downloaded it. Really like it so far.
    10-10-09 02:28 PM
    Is it me or what but twiextreme is pretty cool, but it doesn't give you alerts that there is new tweets like ubertwitter.
    10-10-09 03:30 PM
    I have ubertwitter and I love it!! The ads don't bother me, and there are so many things you can do with it, more than I've seen for any other twitter app.

10-10-09 03:45 PM
    So far I've tried twitterberry, twitterlerts, tweetcaster, and twixtreme. I like twixtreme best - It's attractive yet simple, fast, and it gets the job done. The other 3 all seem to lag more.

Speaking of which, have you all used TwitVid? As someone who just switched to a BB after having an iPhone for the past 2 years, the fact that i can record a video and push a button to upload it and have it be posted on the internet all in under a minute is just mind-blowing.

Ubertwitter has TwitVid in it so all you need to do is record and upload. i have TG but think UT is the best for me followed by Social Scope TG is good just missing some basic features that i use daily. needs some work even though the update is nice still no UT
    10-10-09 04:24 PM
    Is it me or what but twiextreme is pretty cool, but it doesn't give you alerts that there is new tweets like ubertwitter.
    Twixtreme gives alerts if you have it running in the background...

10-10-09 05:04 PM
    LOL, cause we haven't heard that one before.
    10-10-09 05:37 PM
    Twixtreme gives alerts if you have it running in the background...

Ok, nevermind, got it to work. =] i had to change my settings.
    10-10-09 05:57 PM
    My wifes Tour gets home screen updates with the icon, my Tour doesn't? She is a new Blackberry user while I transferred from a 8330. Any experts out there know why this is or how I can get the icon notification on the home screen? As far as I can see all of our program settings are the same in Ubertwitter. Urbertwitter is the only program that isn't giving me a home screen icon notification.

10-10-09 06:12 PM
    My wifes Tour gets home screen updates with the icon, my Tour doesn't? She is a new Blackberry user while I transferred from a 8330. Any experts out there know why this is or how I can get the icon notification on the home screen? As far as I can see all of our program settings are the same in Ubertwitter. Urbertwitter is the only program that isn't giving me a home screen icon notification.

try deleting it and re-downloading it. mine wasn't giving me notifications before either but then i deleted it re-downloaded it and now it's working great!
    10-10-09 07:21 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD