Are there any twitter apps that utilize "push" technology? UberTwitter checks every few minutes and really kills the battery.

If not does anyone know which twitter app drains the battery the least

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 06:18 PM
    You can set the delay for UberTwitter to check less often, but I don't know of any Twitter apps/services that push.
    08-14-09 06:24 PM
    Socialscope's updates are near-push.

There usually 1-2 minutes delayed, which is not bad at all. Then again, this IS SocialScope, god of twitter apps.
    08-14-09 06:54 PM
    you could always get ubertwitter to send updates via sms
    08-14-09 09:28 PM
    IM+'s twitter notification uses push when u switch to IM Push mode...

it does seem fast
    08-14-09 09:32 PM
    Socialscope's updates are near-push.

There usually 1-2 minutes delayed, which is not bad at all. Then again, this IS SocialScope, god of twitter apps.
    I thought Social Scope for BB was a closed beta?
    08-14-09 10:39 PM
    I've read on some blog, forget which blog though, so I can't confirm, that rim is planning to make its own twitter app that will utilize push.

08-14-09 11:52 PM
    I've read on some blog, forget which blog though, so I can't confirm, that rim is planning to make its own twitter app that will utilize push.

wow,it would be great..hope it out soon..
    08-15-09 12:08 AM
    I use �bertwitter mainly and then I use yatca to fetch my replies. Effectively working like a push client. I think push would be nice but not 100% needed. Is there ever a tweet that is so urgent that it has to be replied to within seconds of it being sent?? A RIM twitter app would be very interesting.

08-15-09 01:59 AM
    I use �bertwitter mainly and then I use yatca to fetch my replies. Effectively working like a push client. I think push would be nice but not 100% needed. Is there ever a tweet that is so urgent that it has to be replied to within seconds of it being sent?? A RIM twitter app would be very interesting.

Well its not for urgency of reading tweets but more of saving battery. I would just turn of the notification and check the app myself.
    08-15-09 12:25 PM
    Tweetissmo
    11-16-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD