Hi everyone,

Although I have twitter to update every 30 minutes, it actually seems to update within seconds of me receiving an @ reply or DM. I am wondering if there is some kind of "push" scenario going on here.

Also, it may explain a tiny part of my horrific battery life. Over night the drain ticked over at 2-3% apart from a few random hours where it spiked to 8%!

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Nick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 03:07 AM
    Afaik, native Twitter app uses push. So, when you get a @ reply or a personal message they're pushed to your device instantly. Scheduled update only checks new tweets from those you follow - not @ replies or PMs.

Hope that helped.
    bigbamboo likes this.
    10-31-11 05:27 AM
    I am trying to hide the icon for that useless app and it comes back all the time. Anyway to delete the application? Managed to delete Facebook but not twitter.
    10-31-11 06:36 AM
    Deleting Twitter app is the same as deleting any other apps in Application Management.

10-31-11 08:52 AM
    Deleting Twitter app is the same as deleting any other apps in Application Management.

Not true. Does not appear there.
    10-31-11 09:34 AM
    Not true. Does not appear there.
    It does. At least on my device.
    10-31-11 09:37 AM
    10-31-11 09:38 AM
    Which twitter app did you use ? Because I can see twitter app in appmanagement option and can delete it as an other apps

10-31-11 09:46 AM
    Shows up under App Management for me...
    10-31-11 10:04 AM
    I think it is because I never installed it. No use for it, but I just wanted to delete the icon. No worries, I have now moved the icon to the Applications folder so I don't see it in the Home menu.
    10-31-11 11:42 AM
    I think it is because I never installed it. No use for it, but I just wanted to delete the icon. No worries, I have now moved the icon to the Applications folder so I don't see it in the Home menu.
    You can try by installing twitter app on your phone and then deleting the app afterward.

10-31-11 12:08 PM
    Under Application Management > CPU see if Twitter is running (I have it at 0%), if not guess it never made it onto your device...
    10-31-11 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD