Just got my Bold and it looks like they upgraded to 1.0.8

Going to DL and see if anything is new.
    06-03-09 02:45 PM
    if you have 1.0.8 you must be signed up for beta testing because it hasn't been released yet.

I still show 1.0.7 right now.
    06-03-09 03:11 PM
    Yup, they most definitely updated to v1.8

I just downloaded. Wonder whats new? I wonder if I can finally view my followers and the people I'm following...

Edit: Well... no "who I'm following" or "your followers" options yet...

I'm starting to think they may be out for the $$$ after all. Like he said, the 1.xx versions are paid for until version 2.0.

All the new features are gonna come with THAT update. These are just gonna be so-called "bug fixes". Not happy right now... Ubertwitter it is...
    Last edited by Radi0H3ad; 06-03-09 at 04:41 PM.
    06-03-09 04:32 PM

I'm starting to think they may be out for the $$$ after all. Like he said, the 1.xx versions are paid for until version 2.0.

All the new features are gonna come with THAT update. These are just gonna be so-called "bug fixes". Not happy right now... Ubertwitter it is...
    I just downloaded the update and my BB is rebooting so I'm not sure what is new with this version.

But I completely agree with what you said about all the major changes happening in version 2.0...And about them just being out for the money. But I can't really blame them, in a way.

I don't know if I'll pay for that version but out of all the Twitter apps that I have used I do like TG the best.
    06-03-09 05:01 PM
    I just downloaded the update and my BB is rebooting so I'm not sure what is new with this version.

But I completely agree with what you said about all the major changes happening in version 2.0...And about them just being out for the money. But I can't really blame them, in a way.

I don't know if I'll pay for that version but out of all the Twitter apps that I have used I do like TG the best.
    I can understand them wanting to be compensated, that's fine. I didn't understand what everyone meant when they said "we're paying to be beta testers". Like, it's really true and that's sad! We paid them to beta their project, and then they're basically asking us to pay again when it's finished.

Like if I just paid once, no biggie. But I honestly feel slighted having to pay twice. I've never heard of this type situation with any other apps/programs before.

I will say, the UI and everything is topnotch. I enjoy it more than ubertwitter, but at the same time... ubertwitter has all the functionality and features that I want/need in a twitter client. I'm honestly on the fence about it now.
    06-03-09 05:52 PM
    You guys do realize that if there were any major revisions it would have been labeled 1.1.0 or something to that effect? The fact that it went from 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 means that it was only a minor change.

Besides, why would TweetGenius concentrate on making major changes when they have yet to even release an officially-supported version for the 83xx and Storm?
    Last edited by BlaqkAudio; 06-03-09 at 06:05 PM.
    06-03-09 06:03 PM
    My only beef or complaint with TG is this...TG had a few issues in their first version and I think they should have fixed these issues before making ANY release. I also don't mind the fact that they didn't put out a trail, not something I would do if I were them, but it's no biggie. My two biggest issues with TG is that first off when upgrading most apps from say version 1.0 to 2.0 you don't pay the full price. Usually you pay 25-50% of the original cost. But my biggest problem with TG...Their customer service. Apparently most clients got replies to their emails/twitter replies quickly and they were polite. But when I emailed them they just said to email them back if I have any problems in the future. They took 3 days to reply to my email and they didn't answer any of my @ twitter messages to them.

I know Boy Genius has the resources to make a truly great app and I may be wrong when I say this...but I think he wants to milk his clients for as much money as possible before releasing a truly worthwhile app. And I have a feeling that version 2.0 is going to make a lot of noise and have some really awesome features added. And I can't even lie...I'm so used to TG and I like the UI so much that I'll probably end up getting version 2.0 (yes I know I probably sound like a hypocrite but it's the truth).
    06-03-09 10:49 PM
    I'll be getting 2.0 also. But I'm not sure what new features could be added. I mean, Twitter can only do so much. Maybe I'm missing something.
    06-04-09 03:12 PM
    I'll be getting 2.0 also. But I'm not sure what new features could be added. I mean, Twitter can only do so much. Maybe I'm missing something.
    The GPS could be a lil better. I mean, so far all it does is give you the coordinates of where you are, but you can't exactly use those coordinates on a BB to actually SEE where the person is located. They could intergrate something that could bring up a map view of the street you're located on. Ubertwitter did/does that, but I haven't been able to get that to work for awhile on that app.

The one thing Ubertwitter has over Tweet Genius though, is that you can actually view a LIST of your followers and the people you're following. They just need to integrate the ability to view the followers of any given account and the people they're following. That's all that's really missing right now.
    06-04-09 03:20 PM
    I just downloaded the 1.0.8 and I don't see any major changes. It loads faster, but that's about it.

I'd like to be able to see trending topics too.

@Radiohead, yeah, I wasn't even thinking about those features. They need to be added soon.
    06-04-09 03:26 PM
    I just downloaded the 1.0.8 and I don't see any major changes. It loads faster, but that's about it.

I'd like to be able to see trending topics too.

@Radiohead, yeah, I wasn't even thinking about those features. They need to be added soon.

Yea 1.0.8 isn't anything special really. I haven't noticed any differences. And yea, I didn't even think about Trending Topics! Good idea. But yea, all the "really fly sh*t" I'm sure will make it's appearance once it hits 2.0. And I'll be a sucker and pay for it... eh, whatever... lol.
    06-04-09 03:31 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to get TweetGenius to update automatically? I've tried every connection type with no luck (I'm on BIS)! What's the secret? I've sent them a tweet and an email about this with no response (two weeks and counting)... lack of customer service does not impress me or make me a loyal customer!
    06-04-09 04:23 PM
    They tweeted something that there testing 1.08 privately but for some reason we can DL it? Confused... lol

TweetGenius (tweet_genius) on Twitter
    06-04-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD