From Handmark's Twitter (15:04) [twitter.com/handmark]:

Handmark 2 launch TweetCaster today. Where will we announce 1st? Twitter of course! Tweeting from a BlackBerry is abt 2 get better!
    Last edited by I_love_my_bold; 07-20-09 at 02:20 PM. Reason: add source
    07-20-09 02:11 PM
    Cool...hope it's similar to facebook's
    07-20-09 02:13 PM
    I Want It!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 02:59 PM
    it was released a few minutes ago. From Handmark at 15:50:

Jst got #TweetCaster by Handmark FREE for BlackBerry in exchange for this tweet. Get it here: Tweet to Download
    07-20-09 03:03 PM
    No word on whether the numerous bugs have been sorted but as it's the same version released to beta testers I'm guessing they haven't fixed any of them. Shame, has potential but it's simply not ready yet...

07-20-09 03:06 PM
    Currently Using: Ubertwitter

What I was looking for:
    -multiple account management
    -notification icon for top of home screen
    -scroll capabilities similar to facebook
    -facebook collab

What I like:
    -manage multiple accounts
    -interface okay. App Icon looks better than UT's.

What I don't like
    -no notifier capabilities for any type of tweet or dm
    -constant scroll at the top. I'd like it to end somewhere.
    -no facebook collab
    -request queue. seems slow.

I'm not ready to drop TC yet because of the multiple accounts, but I'm still sticking with UT.
    07-20-09 03:15 PM
    Just downloaded and really I'm not all that impressed. �bertwitter is definately staying as my twitter client. Much easier to use and looks better.

07-20-09 03:21 PM
    Just downloaded and really I'm not all that impressed. �bertwitter is definately staying as my twitter client. Much easier to use and looks better.

I have both a business and personal accounts. I'm don't particularly mind having two Twitter Apps. But I agree, UberTwitter remains my #1 choice, but my first impression is TweetCaster will replace TweetGenius on my phone.
    07-20-09 03:30 PM
    To be honest I prefer tweetgenius over TweetCaster

07-20-09 03:32 PM
    I like it. Its cute.

07-20-09 03:34 PM
    5 minutes after installing it, I've removed it.

Reasons are simple:

- The UI is ugly. I'm not a huge twitter user, and I couldn't look at this interface for the modest amount of time I use it

- It does nothing better than UberTwitter, TweetGenius or even TwitterBerry, besides Multiple Accounts.

Like I say, I've only used it for five minutes, but I know this isn't one for me
    07-20-09 03:45 PM
    5 minutes after installing it, I've removed it.

Reasons are simple:

- The UI is ugly. I'm not a huge twitter user, and I couldn't look at this interface for the modest amount of time I use it

- It does nothing better than UberTwitter, TweetGenius or even TwitterBerry, besides Multiple Accounts.

Like I say, I've only used it for five minutes, but I know this isn't one for me
    I have also removed it already, it's very slow and not the best UI. Plus, where are all the tweets that appear online?
    07-20-09 04:31 PM
    I have also removed it already, it's very slow and not the best UI. Plus, where are all the tweets that appear online?
    Yup, missing and lost tweets in the timeline is a deal breaker for any twitter app.

07-20-09 04:50 PM
    I removed it after 5 minutes too. Its UGLY and slow and just aggravating. Sticking with tweetgenius for now (:

07-20-09 05:24 PM
    I dont mind it. Does it not have auto refresh?
    07-20-09 05:31 PM
    awful ill stick with uber for now just hoping tweeteev is released this week
    07-20-09 05:47 PM
    TC is a waste of space. Very unfinished and has no "oomph" like ubertwitter and social scope have. Just kinda plain.

07-20-09 06:20 PM
    I removed TweetCaster also. I'm also really annoyed that they try to make you tweet that ridiculous statement and the app is pushing you to follow Handmark.

If people want to tweet about their app, they will do it on their own. It's distasteful and obnoxious of Handmark to try and force people to tweet about their product.
    07-20-09 06:40 PM
    Yeah all that BS to get this crappy app that takes up a megabyte of space and has no wow factor...

07-20-09 07:27 PM
    Yup... it's back to Uber after fooling around with TweetCaster for 15 minutes. Really, Tweetcaster looks horribly unfinished and I don't care for the never ending scrolling menu at the top.

Even the fonts look off on my 8900.
    ::2 thumbs down::
    07-21-09 12:14 AM
    Based on reviews, not even gonna try it. UT is just fine for me so I'm not even going to bother.

07-21-09 12:45 AM
    Yeah, I didn't like Tweetcaster at all. The font looked terrible and there wasn't an options menu when I had it. That, and I had to click on the icons up top (Storm version) to see what the icons were.The menu where you post a tweet from looks kinda choppy too. There was nothing about it that would make me go back.

I'll keep my Social Scope and wait until Tweeteev is released. Don't waste your time on Tweetcaster.
    07-21-09 01:29 AM
    I didn't like this. It has potential, but they released it too soon. It looks very amateurish, like it's someone's first app. Had it for a few minutes and got rid of it. Will try it again in the future, unless Tweeteev blows me away.
    07-21-09 02:52 AM
    Yeah tweetcaster bites the big one. Even with the 1 flaw of ubertwitter on the Tour ubertwiter screen shot. I'll stick with it until tweeteev comes out.
    07-21-09 02:54 AM
    TweetCaster also made my phone run real slow. When I deleted it just it pretty much crashed my phone too. Do not like it one bit. the UI is horrible the fonts look crappy even on the 8900

07-21-09 03:48 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD