So I searched the forums to find anything related to tv apps for the blackberry and didnt find anything so I ask my fellow bb users...what if any tv app do you like/think is best/this is worst etc....My old blackjack used mobitv but its not available for many bb's right now, just the pearl and bold I think....anywho, let me know what you think

Smile
    Pixie
    09-09-09 10:47 PM
    I also would like to know if there is an app or site to view this.I'm on a Tour BB
    09-09-09 11:48 PM
    If you have a slingbox then there is a sling player available for some blackberry models, although wifi is strongly encouraged there are a few who have set it up on devices without wifi.

There is also another company developing a mobile streaming TV app for Blackberry, but it is still in private beta at the moment.

It has also been suggested that the new Storm 2 will have Vcast video capabilities on Verizon.

The native flash being rumored for summer of 2010 may make most of this moot though. With the ability to open up a page and watch flash video you won't really need a true TV app. Although, I am sure that someone will figure out a way to organize such pages into a handy little app and capitalize on the flash capabilities.
    09-10-09 08:16 AM
    Well, when flash comes to bb- ill be first in line for it! Watch movies and tv! Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 10:33 AM
    I use a Slingbox and for the most part it works awesome. I purchased the Slingbox on ebay for about $120 installed it in about 10 minutes, downloaded the software and configured everything which was the longer process but once I had everything done I was viewing TV in no time on my storm. Yes it is in compatibility mode but the screen is plenty big. Yes it would be nicer on the entire screen but I can live with it for now. I would suggest streaming in an area you get good reception because trying to stream in a very bad reception area is not gonna work so good. I have successfully streamed for over an hour at a time with no issues. Watch anything on your home cable box/DVR recordings/pause, FF, Rewind Live TV/etc. Picture quality is pretty dam n amazing if you ask me. I would highly recommend to anyone who wants mobile TV on their storm to go get a slingbox but make sure it is the slingbox solo cause I have heard the ProHD model doesnt function for some reason. If anyone has any questions PM me for more info....Good luck
    09-10-09 10:49 AM
    I've heard of slingbox...I'll have to look into that further...thanks for the replies I guess I'm just SOL for now which figures LOL. Anywho, if anything comes up along these lines...Please pop in and let me know

XOXO
    09-11-09 10:20 AM
    Slingbox and Slingplayer Mobile is the way to go. I was using it on my Sprint Curve and now on my Tour and have been pleased with it the entire time. The best thing is that you get to watch your own TV in real time...and for free (after hardware purchase).
    09-15-09 03:10 PM
    Orb is the cheap man's slingbox. All you need is a computer and a tv tuner hooked up to it.

I am able to watch tv, view the program guide, record and schedule recordings, listen to all my music, watch all my videos, view my pics, listen to radio and view my webcam, rss feeds and more.

It's pretty damn good if you ask me! You don't even need an app, it does it all from the blackberry browser and does it very well. I wish the video quality was a little better but its not that bad.

09-15-09 07:29 PM
    Why could I watch about 60 tv channels for free on my moto Q9c with spb mobile, but nothing like that exists for the blackberry??? what gives????

I dont want a slingbox either... unless someone wants to pay?
    09-15-09 07:39 PM
    Does anyone know what sites I can watch free tv that will work on my curve? The stuff Sprint gives with my plan STINK!

02-24-10 06:08 PM
    Slingbox and Slingplayer Mobile is the way to go. I was using it on my Sprint Curve and now on my Tour and have been pleased with it the entire time. The best thing is that you get to watch your own TV in real time...and for free (after hardware purchase).
    The OTA link?
    02-24-10 10:26 PM
    If you have a tv tuner on your pc you can download ORB for free. MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software
    03-06-10 05:21 PM
    03-06-10 05:47 PM
    I purchased Mobitv (for curve 8330) for my Tour. It loads up with a small display (size of the pearl display) once it opens and is running, you can push the menu key and click on "full screen" and it plays full screen on my tour. Make sure you are getting the Curve app as the Pearl app does not have "full screen"
    03-07-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD