Hi, Ive had my Torch for a week and I LOVE it. But there is something I dont get. Sometimes I dont want my facebook notifications, but sometimes I do. If I get 10 emails overnight, and check them on my computer in the morning, they are still showing as "new" on my phone. I do not want to have to open every single notification in order for it to go away from my "new" messages. There are way too many, and when Im at my computer I dont need them coming to both. I'd like to be able to turn them on and off. But turning off the Data doesnt help me, because my Boss bbms me so I need that on.
    This is my first week with a Blackberry, and I noticed this within 24 hours - Am I the only one in the world who wants my "new" messages to actually be new?
    Ive searched quite a lot, and everything I read seems to say "turn data off" or "delete email account" or "log out of facebook". Is there no simple way to turn off and on these connections so I dont have 14 new notifications that I need to physically open to make them go away, even though I read them all on my email?
    Im hoping there is something very simple I am just missing, After all, I am a newb.
    Thanks to anyone who can help!
    10-07-10 08:03 PM
    uninstall facebook off of your phone. or go to settings and then applications and delete facebook
    10-07-10 08:31 PM
    I can't help you with the facebook but you can go to - Messages - Options - Email Reconciliation - Uncheck wireless reconciliation for your desired email account.

Hope this helps.
    suga2011 likes this.
    10-07-10 09:13 PM
    You can also go to the top of the message window, where the date and time are, click the Blackberry key and click on Mark Prior Open and problem solved. Then you can view them at your leisure.
    10-07-10 09:20 PM
    Why not just go into the FB application and disable FB notifications? It is an option to do so.
    suga2011 likes this.
    10-07-10 09:47 PM
    Turning off Facebook notifications and marking messages as read are great helps - I'd still prefer being able to turn on and off my personal email account while keeping my professional one going all the time, but it seems this is not possible.

Thanks for your help!
    suga2011 likes this.
    10-10-10 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD