View Poll Results: Would you use this app if made?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

2 40.00%
  • Depends on Price

0 0%
  • Yes

3 60.00%
    hello all i am a writer for television and movies and wanted to find an app like the one i found on a colleague's Iphone. the app is called Screenplay and it is designed by Black Mana Studios. I'm constantly on the move with new ideas and each time i don't want to have to get out my laptop start it up and right 1 line of dialogue. if there is any one out there that is in the development of this id be grateful to here from you. also if you would use an app like this post to show your support.
    07-21-09 03:19 PM
    i would pay mucho for this app. Please someone look into making this
    07-21-09 07:01 PM
    You mean like the memo pad...or the voice notes?

Why in the bloody **** do you need...

07-22-09 01:54 AM
    You mean like the memo pad...or the voice notes?

Why in the bloody **** do you need...

because when you receive an idea on the go and you have a place you want to put it in your 100 page script, to be able to put it in the proper place at that time is useful. this app isn't for every one but it is useful if you don't constantly have your laptop on you, or you are a person who gets there best ideas while seeing some one walk down the street.
    07-22-09 02:00 AM
    I'm not getting why you just can't do this with voice notes.

I mean don't get me wrong I write books (ok I lie I get half way in a start over) and such. I just don't get why you need anything other than voice notes...

I mean if it's really that good you can just say it into the notes.

Does this app add a ctrl+f function to the phone or something?
    07-22-09 02:18 AM
    Just an idea: use docs to go to create the full script, and when you get ideas place them in memo pad, then when you need to add it to the script just use the copy and paste function of your Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 08:21 AM
    well with the app for iphone it allows you to update other scripts at the same time just like you can do on script writing software's for the pc
    07-22-09 10:28 PM
    Most of these people dont understand what you want to do because they don't even know the format of a screenplay. I study and direct films and I use a software called Celtx, its a free, open-source, all-in-one pre-production software. However, I am not sure if they would even have a blackberry APP: Request Plz! Celtx - #1 choice for media pre-production.

I was thinking if they have a mobile site you can just edit through your browser but you need to install the software to run it, so it wont thru browser
    07-23-09 10:02 AM
    Most of these people dont understand what you want to do because they don't even know the format of a screenplay. I study and direct films and I use a software called Celtx, its a free, open-source, all-in-one pre-production software. However, I am not sure if they would even have a blackberry APP: Request Plz! Celtx - #1 choice for media pre-production.[/url]

I was thinking if they have a mobile site you can just edit through your browser but you need to install the software to run it, so it wont thru browser
    celtix is what i use and they are working with black mana on screenplay for the iphone and may start designing a black berry version. but they said they want to get the iphone version done first. (dam Iphone users always get the good apps)
    07-23-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD