The thing I am liking about IM+ is I can set it to "Push Mode" as I don't see the option on Beejive. I am currently doing the trial for IM+ and like the program. I would do the trial for Beejive if it had this option.

I want this option because I work in a hospital and my signal cuts out depending on what part of the hospital I am at. So if anyone IM's me in push mode, I will get the message next time I get signal so I don't have to worry about the actual IM client logging back on when it get's signal (Something that I noticed Palringo and Instango don't do so well.)

I read Beejive "should" be adding the push feature sometime, but from the forums I read on the Blackberry support area, they are behind on they're updates.

So what would you suggest?

BTW, why do these programs cost so damn much? Is their any discounts anyone knows of to save a few bucks?

Thank you,
    BowersDMSTech
    09-01-09 10:44 PM
    I think there is a coupon code thread somewhere here in CB and by the way there is a trial for beejive for 30 days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 10:51 PM
    I think there is a coupon code thread somewhere here in CB and by the way there is a trial for beejive for 30 days

Yeah there is a free trial for Beejive I know but the thing is, from what I can tell the version available does not support the "Push" mode. There was supposed to be some option in August from what I could tell, but it looks like they failed to meet that deadline, so I don't want to try it out just yet.
    09-01-09 10:53 PM
    I love the UI and look of BeeJive, but I can't find anything about push either, and I'm not going to pay for an IM that doesn't have that feature. I've heard nothing but good things about BeeJive, but I guess I'm off to try the IM+ trial.

09-04-09 01:54 PM
    I'm currently on trial version for BeeJive, one more thing I found out was it doesn't seem to support file transfer either. Not sure if this only applies on trial version.
    09-04-09 02:32 PM
    I'm currently on trial version for BeeJive, one more thing I found out was it doesn't seem to support file transfer either. Not sure if this only applies on trial version.
    Yep... it's suppose to work considering its one of their features.. but it doesnt work. Should get fixed when the update comes out.. but they are late.. :/
    09-04-09 03:00 PM
    Beejive has file transfer but I find the IM+ file transfer works much faster.
    09-04-09 03:00 PM
    I bought BeeJive and thought it was nice but the lack of push and a 1/2 off sale on IM + made me switch.

The push feature is a deal breaker for me. Have to have it.
    09-04-09 03:03 PM
    I bought BeeJive and thought it was nice but the lack of push and a 1/2 off sale on IM + made me switch.

The push feature is a deal breaker for me. Have to have it.
    1/2 off sale?? Hmm..
    09-04-09 04:12 PM
    BeeJive has Facebook chat on it......does IM+?
    My trial is about to run out too, and I'm thinking of trying IM+, but I will miss facebook chat since I have tons of contacts there.
    09-04-09 04:43 PM
    Careful, these trials are a one time trial.

I stupidly wasted my beejive trial when my wireless wasn't completly configyred.

09-04-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD