I am using the device switch wizard to backup my 3rd party apps. The problem is once I get my device PIN folder and look inside, it only has google maps and opera in it. I have password keeper, mma junkie, weather channel, shazam, etc. Why is it not getting those? I have tried 3 times now.
    07-22-10 08:20 AM
    Try BBSAK to backup and restore everything including your 3rd party apps
    07-22-10 08:35 AM
    I got this quick back-up from CrackBurglar and it has always worked flawlessly for me.

"Backing up your 3rd party applications."

3) while still having your phone plugged into your computer, click Switch Device Wizard. Click Start under the Switch BlackBerry Devices. You'll notice your Pin in the left column denoted Current Device. and None, in the middle column, denoted New Device. On the right column, uncheck EVERYTHING except Third Party Applications. Click Next. You'll see activity. Next a window pops up asking PIN. Do not click this or anything. In Vista, click the start (windows Icon) Bottom Left Corner. Type in %temp% and hit enter. look for the folder that is named the same as your PIN.

Right click and drag the pin named folder out to your desktop, picking the option, Copy Here. Now on your desktop, right click your folder named your pin number, and click rename. Rename it Backup.yourpin-number. You've just extracted all your 3rd party applications and put them in a safe place in case you need them if and when your phone does not accept the restore during load. Click CANCEL, and exit the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Hope this works for you.
    07-27-10 02:31 PM
    That's the exact procedure I was doing but it did not get all of my apps.

I tried to use BBSAK but everytime I try to run it, it says you need to be administrator and asks for the password (using my work laptop). I even had IT look at it and he said he cannot get it to work.

I spose I could try using BBSAK at home but everything is backed up on my work computer and I use my phone for work too.
    07-27-10 02:43 PM
    I've used this method several times and have never had a glitch, hope you figure it out.
    07-27-10 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD