I have a Blackberry Curve 8320 with T-mobile service. I just purchases Empower Pro and am having trouble registering it.

I go to options>security>firwall and it shows disabled. Yet when I click to register the software to go from trial version to registerd version, it says my firewall is blocking the registration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    04-07-08 02:52 PM
    I am having the same problem. Emailed Empower and they still have not been able to get it fixed. Anyone else have any tips?
    05-27-08 05:17 PM
    can't you just register online and put in the code on the blackberry instead of doing it via the handheld browser?
    05-27-08 11:15 PM
    can't you just register online and put in the code on the blackberry instead of doing it via the handheld browser?
    If I remember correctly, the registration part is associated with your PIN number and I believe they (EmPower) send the authentication code to your BB. You guys might wanna contact them for support. Here's the link. Good luck.
    05-28-08 01:14 AM
    For the record, we are running 8320, 4.2.2.180, Empower Pro 3.0.66.7, T-Mobile. I have no way of knowing if this will work for any other configurations. I am in no way a BB Guru. More like a head-banging guru-the longer I bang my head the more likely I will stumble on a solution

The following 3 options are in order of difficulty from easiest to hardest.

OK-this may be hard to believe . . . but it was this simple:

OPTION #1:
    1.) I changed all my browser defaults in OPTIONS/ADVANCED/BROWSER from the internet/wifi browser to the t-zone browser.

2.) Warm booted x2 (alt+shift+del, wait for grey screen and immediately do it again).

3.) When system returns to full status open empower (I did not open any email, or perform any other task - wether this matters is unknown) and choose to register.

That is it. Lickity split!

OPTION #2:
    Should you not be so lucky, We also had success utilizing the same process above except we first temporarily changed all of the empower program AND module application permissions to "allow" as follows:

1.) go to OPTIONS/SECURITY OPTIONS/APPLICATION PERMISSIONS>Empower>edit permissions. Change all entries to allow. do this for both program AND module and save. NOTE: DO NOT SET/EDIT/APPLY DEFAULTS! just save.

2.) While in Empowers' APPLICATION PERMISSIONS choose reset fire wall prompts.

3.) Warm boot x2 (alt+shift+del, wait for grey screen and immediately do it again).

4.) When system returns to full status go to option #1 above and perform tasks 1-3. Be sure to return to the security options after completing all the steps in OPTION #1 and APPLY DEFAULTS. This will return your settings back to their initial state.

OPTION #3:
    This one is ugly The first time we encountered this problem we completely wiped the BB utilizing jlcommander. Reinstalled the operating system (leaving some of the frufru stuff out ) then installed Empower before any other program, registered it immediately and it worked fine. Then we reloaded all remaining programs and then data.

I stronly suggest doing your due diligence prior to wiping your BB A good place to start is searching the forums for "jlcommander".

Good luck,
    dAtaFoRm
    09-06-08 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD