I just got a Blackberry Curve 8530 through Koodo Mobile, and I have the $10 Social Blackberry plan. There is no information indicating these apps should be blocked on this data plan/service provider, but even though I have both Blackberry App World and Blackberry Maps installed on my phone (I can see it from both the Applications list in Options, and the Service Book in Advanced Options), they are not showing up and I can't find them anywhere.

Does anyone have any insight or help for this?

TIA.
    Last edited by smashed.reality; 05-27-10 at 08:04 PM. Reason: I figured it out :S deleted the apps and reinstalled them.
    05-27-10 07:36 PM
    What BlackBerry add-on did you choose? The plan you picked excludes email and web browsing. It does not mention anything about GPS on their web site. App World would need the BlackBerry browser to download apps, so if you don't have web browsing in your plan, then App World will not work.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-27-10 07:57 PM
    I have the exact same plan from the same provider, with the same problem.
    Have not chosen an ***-on. I can see that app world and BB maps are both installed under options, and service book, but cant find them anywhere. True my data plan doesn't support internet, but I do have wi-fi and use the internet at home, and friends houses. I can't seem to find app world and it's been frustrating me for hours -.-
    I have deleted and re-installed via desktop manager... same problem.
    07-05-10 12:02 AM
    I have the exact same plan from the same provider, with the same problem.
    Have not chosen an ***-on. I can see that app world and BB maps are both installed under options, and service book, but cant find them anywhere. True my data plan doesn't support internet, but I do have wi-fi and use the internet at home, and friends houses. I can't seem to find app world and it's been frustrating me for hours -.-
    I have deleted and re-installed via desktop manager... same problem.
    You cannot use App World without a BlackBerry data plan (BIS).
    07-05-10 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD