I just upgraded to the Torch from a curve 8520 and so far its great the only problem I have with it is when I go appworld to download anything it says that the apps can't be downloaded in appworld. Does anyone know anyway to fix this. Btw I have .246

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 03:03 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling appworld and reinstalling it?

Link for AppWorld:
    http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=appworld
    12-24-10 04:05 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling appworld and reinstalling it?

Link for AppWorld:
    http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=appworld
    I've updated to the newest version and it still keeps saying that the app is not available for download in app world. My wife has a torch too and she can download everything fine. I'm going to try to completely uninstall it and retry

12-24-10 05:10 PM
    Did you login into your appworld account or even create one?
    12-24-10 06:06 PM
    yes i have logged into my account and it tries to download the apps but it keeps coming up that it isnt available to download in app world
    12-24-10 07:00 PM
    Really strange if anything take it back to the store and exchange it. I know it may be hard due to Christmas and all.
    12-24-10 07:05 PM
    I had the same problem... I switched carriers and couldn't log in...oddly I refreshed my "uninstalled" apps and I had everything available. You try emailing rim or the developers?

Happy holidays!

12-24-10 07:13 PM
    When everything fails, just do a battery pull. Make sure your account is working..make sure you have space..make sure that the app is compatible. Also, I found app world unresponsive sometimes. I usually just signed out, and then signed back in like 10 minutes later.

You can also try downloading the app with your computer, while your phone is connected via USB.

for example:
    BlackBerry App World - QuickPull
    Last edited by Shodan775; 12-24-10 at 07:53 PM.
    12-24-10 07:50 PM
    I've updated to the newest version and it still keeps saying that the app is not available for download in app world. My wife has a torch too and she can download everything fine. I'm going to try to completely uninstall it and retry
    Okay, couple questions & tips.

When you say your wife has no problem downloading "everything," has she tried downloading the exact same apps (or 1-2 of them anyway) that are showing as unavailable for you?

The apps that you can't download that you previously had, when you look in My World are they listed under Uninstalled or Unavailable?
    Have you looked them on App World's webstore from your PC to see if they list the 9800 as a compatible device?

If the answers to the above don't solve anything, open up App World, open My World. Sign in with your BBID. Then hold down the ALT button and type the 3 letters R S T, then release ALT.
    ALT+RST will freeze App World then close it. (If it doesn't close App World, do it again.) You can immediately re-open App World and sign in.

ALT+RST is the battery pull equivalent for App World.

Post back on how everything works out. Good luck!
    12-24-10 08:32 PM
    yes she downloaded the same app i was trying to download and it worked fine for her. and i have tried the alt+rst and it still didnt work. everytime i try to download something it comes up to log in and then takes me to membership addendum and then to account information. but it doesnt show anything in myworld except the app im trying to download at that time. i guess ill have to take it back and exchange it
    12-25-10 02:05 AM
    It's definitely not a hardware issue.

Now that you described what you're seeing a bit more, I know I've seen other threads on this too, with people stuck in a loop on App World of approving the user agreement but not getting anywhere. I can't remember what the resolution was.
    Try searching a bit more through CB on this. I'll look for you too, but next couple days might be a little tight…
    steelers.fan1977 likes this.
    12-25-10 06:07 AM
    It's definitely not a hardware issue.

Now that you described what you're seeing a bit more, I know I've seen other threads on this too, with people stuck in a loop on App World of approving the user agreement but not getting anywhere. I can't remember what the resolution was.
    Try searching a bit more through CB on this. I'll look for you too, but next couple days might be a little tight�
    Thank you. I might try to make another account and see if I can download anything with the new account. I might end up taking the phone back and swapping it anyhow cause the buttons around the trackpad are coming up and it is only 2 days old.
    12-25-10 12:09 PM
    I hooked my phone up to the computer and went to app world on here and now it is working fine. I guess it must have had something to do with updating my account. thanks for the help everyone and sorry to bother ya.
    12-25-10 01:43 PM
    I get an error that your radio is not connected where as it is connected.I cant connct to app world with wifi..CAn you help?
    12-25-10 03:04 PM
    it did that to me too i just disconnected and reconnected to wifi and it worked fine
    12-25-10 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD