Hello *,

i bought the Curve 8900 three days before and now i have a big problem.

Yesterday i had load an big file via WiFi to the internal memory. The download chrashed with a message, that this file is to big for internal memory.

After this activity i stopped the download. Later i changed some setting of the BB8900 and it ask for an restart - Because the settings need them -.
    Now the BB8900 crashed at every time with following message on a with screen after about 4 minutes.

Screenshot:
    ---------------------------------------------

app error 200
    [reset]

---------------------------------------------
    End of screenshot:

I can only press the button RESET. After a new start i get the same message.

Tested solutions:

I want to test to clean the System with the JL_Cmder. This application will not find the device. And so it doesn't work (Tested on two different Notebook's).

With the application loader.exe i can connect the device. But i didn't have installed additional application with i can delete. The download is not visible. The internal free memory is 0kB (Information on the loader.exe screen).

The Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.7 didn't find the device. So i can't make something with this apllication.

I maked many hard- and soft- reset yesterday, but nothing helps.

At Linux i can't mount the device to delete the download file or the logs. The udev found the device as /dev/sdb but without any partition table (fdisk -l) doesn't give any information about the device. This i tested with different Linux Live CD (Knoppix, partedmagic, sidux, ...).

I hope someone can help me. I didn't will contact the Reseller T-Mobile and hear from they, that they must send them back to RIM. I think it is only a small problem.

Thanks for your help, and best regards to you.
    Chris
    12-04-08 03:37 AM
    Chris,

Just wondering if you managed to sort this? My 8900 is doing the exact same thing now!
    01-29-09 11:50 AM

I'm getting the same problem! I don't understand what's caused it.

I've seen the instructions for using javaloader to re-install the Handheld OS, but I'm on O2 - UK, and they haven't loaded up an "approved" code for the 8900 yet!

What do I do!?
    02-03-09 07:19 AM
    ^^You don't have to wait for an "approved" os you can download any os for the 8900 and install it just as long as you delete the vendor file
    02-03-09 07:35 AM
    addict - Thank you!

I'll try and do it that way if this fails. What I'm trying at the moment is the instructions from the official blackberry support site. If anyone is interested, here is what they are.

Re-install the BlackBerry� Device Software and applications to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears. You may need to unplug and re-attach the USB cable to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point for it to be recognized by Application Loader.
    Click Next.
    Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next.
    If prompted, type the BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.
    The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.
    If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.
    Click Next. The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    Click the Advanced button and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected.
    Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.

Click Next, and then click Next again.
    Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software is now loaded on the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed.
    Quoted from RIM Knowledgebase - Doc ID : KB14115

UPDATE: This has worked for me. I've lost all my settings etc, but all I need to do is re-sync and all will be fine. I'd suggest everyone tries it this way before using javaloader!
    Last edited by LPOG205; 02-03-09 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Update
    02-03-09 07:43 AM
    here is something else you might wanna look at http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ and if you have any third party apps you will want to back those up as well http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/
    02-03-09 07:48 AM
    I have a link to the Upgrade / Downgrade procedure in my signature. I suggest following it every time you modify the OS on your Blackberry, I sure do and I do not have any issues. This procedure walks you through the process and shows you step by step how to backup your 3rd party applications among other thing.
    02-03-09 09:57 AM
    I tried this but when prompted for the PIN password I do not know what to put in ... Help!!
    Peter
    addict - Thank you!

I'll try and do it that way if this fails. What I'm trying at the moment is the instructions from the official blackberry support site. If anyone is interested, here is what they are.

UPDATE: This has worked for me. I've lost all my settings etc, but all I need to do is re-sync and all will be fine. I'd suggest everyone tries it this way before using javaloader!
    04-14-09 04:23 AM
    What do I put for PIN password?
    Peter
    04-14-09 04:24 AM
    I think you can not enter anything and it will work unless you've password protected your berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 05:14 AM
    I have the same problem!
    My pc doesn't connect to the blackberry, because he stops at 3/4 and then gives the App error 200 and the only option is to reset!
    HELP
    04-14-09 07:17 AM
    I had this happen to me the other day and I tried different things....eventually something similar to this helped. Sorry I didn't document the process!!

addict - Thank you!

04-14-09 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD