rather than registering on another forum I'll just post here...

It would be nice to utilize the autotext (il=I'll, pressing space twice puts a period, auto capitalize i, etc.)
    At least look at the link, lol second and third requests.

<snip>

AutoText - When typing a message text should follow the AutoText set in the BlackBerry preferences. i.e. if I type "acn" it should automatically be corrected at "can". Also I have set up AutoText for security purposes. If I have Astra left on at home I can send a message to myself "astraclose" and it automatically changed to a long set of text that when Astra on my PC recieves it it closes Astra on my PC.

Double spacebar & Auto Caps. - With a BlackBerry when you hit the spacebar twice it should give you a period and then the a space. Also the first word of each sentance is automaticallt capitalized.

<snip>
    06-05-10 11:22 AM
    rather than registering on another forum I'll just post here...

It would be nice to utilize the autotext (il=I'll, pressing space twice puts a period, auto capitalize i, etc.)
    Totally agree on this one. Also, anyone get the meta contacts to work? I had my wife log onto her different accounts and they showed up separately, instead of grouped. The other big wish is BB Messenger support. For those having trouble with logging onto Facebook, there is a button that says other login, try it.
    06-05-10 11:26 AM
    Totally agree on this one. Also, anyone get the meta contacts to work? I had my wife log onto her different accounts and they showed up separately, instead of grouped. The other big wish is BB Messenger support. For those having trouble with logging onto Facebook, there is a button that says other login, try it.
    Do you have Trillian on your PC? If you create a metacontact on the PC it should show up on the BlackBerry as a meta. Only exception are facebook contacts. Trillian for Windows still uses the old API for connecting to facebook whereas Mac, Web, iPhone and Blackberry use the XMPP API.

Also on the link I posted...

<snip>

Create / Rearrange Meta Contacts - I don't think everyone will have the Win32 or Mac versions to be able to do this.

<snip>
    06-05-10 11:36 AM
    At least look at the link, lol second and third requests.
    lol. my bad. if i were you i would have burned the sht outta me.
    06-05-10 11:44 AM
    Do you have Trillian on your PC? If you create a metacontact on the PC it should show up on the BlackBerry as a meta. Only exception are facebook contacts. Trillian for Windows still uses the old API for connecting to facebook whereas Mac, Web, iPhone and Blackberry use the XMPP API.

Also on the link I posted...
    I have the current Trillian Basic, and I don't see how to do the Metacontacts on there. Is it a pro account only thing?
    06-05-10 11:46 AM
    No. Highlight more than one contact while holding control. Right click them and you will be able to create a metacontact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 12:06 PM
    so we need 2 download trillian on the pc too ?

& does anyone knw what's up w| the portrait mode only ? EpicFail

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    they have a web-based app.
    06-05-10 12:11 PM
    I still can't get Yahoo connected, checked password etc. All correct, any suggestion/help please
    Thanks

06-05-10 12:16 PM
    lol. my bad. if i were you i would have burned the sht outta me.
    No need to Raz you that bad. ;-)
    06-05-10 12:37 PM
    I still can't get Yahoo connected, checked password etc. All correct, any suggestion/help please
    Thanks

Have you tried to make sure there are no caps in the username? Made sure the password is capitalized correctly... Is it an actual yahoo name or is it one of the MSN contacts with the @hotmail.com or @msn.com after it? You might need to use the WLM protocal for these...

Other than that I would suggest going to the trillian forums and reporting a bug. They might have to ask you some questions to get it to work.
    06-05-10 12:40 PM
    Yeah that's odd, my Yahoo worked fine
    06-05-10 12:53 PM
    so we need 2 download trillian on the pc too ?

& does anyone knw what's up w| the portrait mode only ? EpicFail

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    No need to download... I went to the site and created my Trillian acct there, then logged into all my I'm's then logged out on pc... Logged in on bb & all my accounts loaded

06-05-10 01:23 PM
    I am using a BB Curve 8330m ruNning. 4.5.0.186.

And I am getting the server error thing.

Then when I type everything there is a captcha that is missing.

I really want this app.

06-05-10 01:27 PM
    all i can say trillian is WAY better than beejive ever was and its still in beta!!...keep up the great work guys........and support is fantastic to say the least.
    06-05-10 01:29 PM
    I am using a BB Curve 8330m ruNning. 4.5.0.186.

And I am getting the server error thing.

Then when I type everything there is a captcha that is missing.

I really want this app.

Where are you? There is a problem currently with BIS connection and some carriers don't allow TCP connections. The team is working on this.

06-05-10 01:49 PM
    I am In the United States.

Running Sprint.
    06-05-10 01:52 PM
    I am In the United States.

Running Sprint.
    I have been emailing support back and forth about this problem. The issue I had was trying to create an account from the app. The same captcha deal would pop up and then do nothing. When I went to create an account on my PC using the same screen name it wouldn't let me due to needing a 6 character minimum. The app never informed me of that. Now I can sign into my account but cannot add any other accounts. I've sent all my log files from the app to support for them to look over.
    06-05-10 02:57 PM
    Nice to see that they are working on it with you! I don't know why they like to release builds on fridays... just makes saturdays a headache.
    06-05-10 03:09 PM
    How fo I add a account really confused.

06-05-10 03:18 PM
    How fo I add a account really confused.

In the app click the BB button, select Manage Accounts, press BB button again select Add Account, Select the service and enter your screen name and password. Remember facebook, myspace, windows live, google talk and jabber/xmpp need to be the full e-mail address associated with the account.
    06-05-10 03:32 PM
    the one and only thing going for beejive is the cutesy brick wallpaper..

it does not do skype.. a necessity, and it is a real power hog.. it took my curve down from 2-3 days battery power to 1 day only....

IM+ is more capable (skype) and more efficient.. though i am not so keen on the UI..

given trillian seems to have adecent ui, and is working on skype integration i will give it a try..

Omg beejiveIM is better

06-05-10 03:58 PM
    Having the option to change from iphone like chat bubbles to something more traditional would be great.
    06-05-10 04:03 PM
    Having the option to change from iphone like chat bubbles to something more traditional would be great.
    Added to the feature request page. Thanks.
    06-05-10 04:13 PM
    I've been trying to register a new account all day. I keep getting "Captcha data is loading. Please wait"
    06-05-10 04:30 PM
    I have beejive, im+ and they killed my battery and slowed down my 9550. This seems to be easy on the battery and everything runs smooth. The setup was a little cumbersome, but for a beta I give it 1 1/2 thumbs up. 2 thumbs up once landscape is implemented. Thanks for your prompt responses delorean!
    06-05-10 04:58 PM
122 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD