I have had my berry for about a month now and I I just heard about trapster and downloaded it. Seems pretty interesting. anyone have any experience with it? do you have to keep it on all the time? or will it just send alerts to your email? Thanks in advance for your replies! Also I have an 8310 if that matters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 02:12 AM
    I was checking out some threads regarding "must-have" apps and someone recommended Trapster. It sounded like a cool app to have so I downloaded it last week.

Unfortunately I've had an impossible time getting it to work. Every time I open it, it just stays at a plain white screen where it says Trapster(TM) at the top and a message keeps scrolling along the bottom ("Attempting to get location..Please Wait). It just does this forever and ever.

My Google Maps and other apps that use my GPS location seem to have no problem whatsoever accessing my location, but Trapster seems to be a piece of junk at this point. Based on what I saw on the official website, it does not appear to have that big of a user community, although I was hoping to add to it. I did see a speed trap over the weekend and wanted to report it to the Trapster community via my BlackBerry, but the program just stays stuck in that loop I mentioned above.
    04-14-08 01:58 PM
    It's not a loop, it's waiting on you to push your trackball/menu key.
    04-16-08 08:21 AM
    It is a loop, it is trying to connect to the GPS and if you click the trackball key all it does is give you a menu. Anyone have any idea how to fix this program?
    06-02-08 03:16 PM
    I'm saving the same prob

06-02-08 03:20 PM
    I downloaded it last week and have been using it a little since then. I have no problem with it. There is a red light camera near where I live and it was already on there. Seems to work fine.
    06-02-08 03:45 PM
    Having same issue doesn't come off first page wanted to find out if we can notify if we are out of our zipcode can we put in of other areas? Please help. Email me please!

06-03-08 12:13 PM
    Broken broken broken.

i've installed it, uninstalled it, opened up the Jad file, converted it to alx/cod, inspected the file for integrity and it still won't go past the first page on my pearl 8130.

Dm
    06-03-08 01:46 PM
    Works fine for me. I use it all the time. My only complaint is I wish more people were reporting live police rather than speed traps.
    06-04-08 09:53 AM
    If you have settings problems, try loggin in online and see if you can change the settings. As far as live police reporting, I haven't found a way of changing my type of report form my BB. There are a couple of BB users around where I live because all the reports in my area are coming from us three. I will do more research and post my findings.
    06-04-08 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD