Hello,

I downloaded Trapster yesterday from the Blackberry App World. It seems like it would be an awesome app to at least try out. When I launch the app, it brings me to a map of California, where all the speed traps in that area is.

It then says searching for your location, and keeps searching, it never does refresh with my location.

Has anyone else who has tried this application run into the same problems?
    04-06-09 10:25 AM
    I also downloaded this app, under settings there is an option to sign in. Once all your info has been entered and you do sign in, I believe the "searching for your location" message disappears.
    I've tried out this app and it already saved me! It found a newly installed speed camera as I was driving back from work and verbally informed me!
    So this is definitely going to be a keeper for me.
    04-06-09 11:13 AM
    I've been having no luck with this app working, it can't find my location, i tried deleted and reinstalling, i tried turning on and off my phone, but still no luck. Any suggestions?
    04-06-09 02:13 PM
    Might be a stupid question but you are a girl jk.... you have the GPS on the phone turned on right?
    04-06-09 03:10 PM
    Yes GPS is turned on, logged in, and I still can't get this app to work.

I even logged out of google maps thinking that having more than one app open using GPS would solve the issue.

no luck.
    04-06-09 07:12 PM
    maybe the permissions are not set right, so the app cant access gps.

go to options->advanced->application settings -> trapster
    and set it to allow access
    04-06-09 11:19 PM
    did you download from the updated appworld? .28?
    04-06-09 11:40 PM
    Not sure about app world.
    However the version I got off crackberry that I have is 3.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 11:57 PM
    i used this app yesterday it was goood just about everywhere it said copes hide there where cops in the area
    04-07-09 12:11 AM
    yeah, this is one of my favorite apps!
    04-07-09 01:20 AM
    If your having trouble with Trapster finding your positon, try two things one fire upp BBMaps first and let it get a lock, then fire up trapster if you get a lock then turn off BBMaps. This works on my curve, which BBMaps has priority over the gps, works everytime for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 03:18 AM
    it can't find my location and i'm in Oklahoma city. is it cuz it just sucks here?
    04-10-09 09:24 AM
    I downloaded this too. I was able to see every trap and camera light. I have yet to see what happens if a cop has turned on his radar. Has anyone had this happen yet?
    04-10-09 09:35 AM
    Hmmm - I'm looking at this as well. I loaded my BBMaps and looked in the Options. For GPS Source, it has "None" and when I try to change the option, it doesn't have any other choices.
    04-10-09 09:44 AM
    Do you have to turn on trapster every time you get in the car, or can you just "set it and forget it?"
    04-10-09 08:35 PM
    cosmogirl, i am not sure that it will work with vzw and curve. gps only works with bbmaps on a curve under vzw..
    04-10-09 09:53 PM
    Hello,

I downloaded Trapster yesterday from the Blackberry App World. It seems like it would be an awesome app to at least try out. When I launch the app, it brings me to a map of California, where all the speed traps in that area is.

It then says searching for your location, and keeps searching, it never does refresh with my location.

Has anyone else who has tried this application run into the same problems?

From Trapsters website (notice below in red also):

5) My BlackBerry shows "Searching for Location..." or thinks I'm in California. This means Trapster� can't determine your GPS location. First, make sure location is turned on. If you have the new Verizon BlackBerry Storm, location is off by default. You must go to Options | Advanced | GPS and set GPS Services from 911 to On. Also, go to Options | Advanced | Applications | Trapster, press the menu button and choose Edit Permissions, and make sure everything is set to "Allow". If that still doesn't fix the issue, try a battery out restart of your BlackBerry. Also make sure compatibility mode is off. Many BlackBerry Models are "GPS Ready" but do not actually have GPS hardware inside them. The TMobile Curve and most carrier's Pearls do not. You can check by clicking on the BlackBerry icon Options | Advanced Options | GPS | GPS Source. If it says "Internal" or "Device" then your BlackBerry has GPS hardware in it. Also, Verizon BlackBerrys have internal GPS but in models other than the Storm Verizon blocks access to it by 3rd party applications (except for select fee based ones like Verizon Navigator).
    04-10-09 10:07 PM
    cosmogirl, i am not sure that it will work with vzw and curve. gps only works with bbmaps on a curve under vzw..
    But I wanted this...
    04-14-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD