I am with T-Mobile, and until today, have had the 8320. Today, I purchased the 8900. Using the Desktop Manager, I switched my device from the 8320 to the 8900. I had the box checked that said to include 3rd party apps. Everything transferred fine EXCEPT FOR the 3rd party apps (ie. easy tip, menstrual calendar, alarm, etc.). All of these are apps that I previously paid for.

Does anyone know how I can get them to transfer over? The ones that I didn't OTA, I tried installing, but that didn't work. The rest I OTA'd, so I don't have them on my computer.

Am I SOL and will need to repurchase them for use with my new device?

Any suggestions??
    03-07-09 12:04 AM
    many will say to use the DM and the device switch option blah blah.. i personally use the following method. it'll backup each file you have. it may seem like a lot at first. but after doing it once you'll want to use nothing else. just read the following link.

HackBerry - How-to: Extract Content
    03-07-09 03:07 AM
    I am with T-Mobile, and until today, have had the 8320. Today, I purchased the 8900. Using the Desktop Manager, I switched my device from the 8320 to the 8900. I had the box checked that said to include 3rd party apps. Everything transferred fine EXCEPT FOR the 3rd party apps (ie. easy tip, menstrual calendar, alarm, etc.). All of these are apps that I previously paid for.

Does anyone know how I can get them to transfer over? The ones that I didn't OTA, I tried installing, but that didn't work. The rest I OTA'd, so I don't have them on my computer.

Any suggestions??
    when i got my Storm. I installed DM 4.7 and then plugged in both Pearl and Storm. I then use the "Device switch wizard" to transfer all the apps and contents to my Storm.
    03-07-09 01:26 PM
    many will say to use the DM and the device switch option blah blah.. i personally use the following method. it'll backup each file you have. it may seem like a lot at first. but after doing it once you'll want to use nothing else. just read the following link.

HackBerry - How-to: Extract Content
    I had been using Javaloader from a Command.com window but you had to type each cod file name individually. This is easier - it would be nice if you could CHECK ALL boxes at one time.

I'm not sure about the second procedure - I gather it creates ALX files to reload. You can also use Javaloader for that.
    03-07-09 03:44 PM
    I had been using Javaloader from a Command.com window but you had to type each cod file name individually. This is easier - it would be nice if you could CHECK ALL boxes at one time.

I'm not sure about the second procedure - I gather it creates ALX files to reload. You can also use Javaloader for that.
    i prefer using the cod loader to load my cods w/o needing an alx.. but making an alx when sharing files is better for people that dont have the same apps we use.

also.. not sure what you mean by not being able to "CHECK ALL" boxes at one time. im able to select every box in codloader and backup each app into its own individial cod.

Last edited by autoprime; 03-08-09 at 04:15 PM.
    03-08-09 04:13 PM
    How do you use the LOADER aspect of the codloader? Will one of those buttons list all the cod files in a folder on my computer and allow me to, again, check ones I want LOADED on the BB?

I had a manual procedure down with Javaloader but must admit this works much smoother. I looked at the codloader.exe to see if there were a way to "hack" the button labels but NO.
    03-08-09 06:58 PM

Any suggestions??
    Follow the instructions listed here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/ this should get you taken care of. However, you may be prepared to still reach out to the vendors that you purchased the apps from. I'd think that there will probably be some that will not work with the 4.6 OS so you'll likely need updates.
    03-08-09 08:30 PM
    How do you use the LOADER aspect of the codloader? Will one of those buttons list all the cod files in a folder on my computer and allow me to, again, check ones I want LOADED on the BB?

I had a manual procedure down with Javaloader but must admit this works much smoother. I looked at the codloader.exe to see if there were a way to "hack" the button labels but NO.
    to load a cod file.. u can press the button that says cod. go to your folder and select as many cods as you want. hit ok. now check off all the cods you added and hit the button to the right of the cod button to "write" them to your phone.

buttons are in this order: read, save, delete, load, write, screenshot
    03-09-09 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD