Anyone else having problems with the newest Google Maps? When I try to start the application, i get the following error: "Error starting GoogleMaps: Module 'GoogleMaps-2' has verification errors." If i try to start it again, i get: "Error starting GoogleMaps: Error loading module 'GoogleMaps' OutOfMemoryError". My tour keeps alternating back and forth between these 2 errors. I have deleted and reinstalled the app a few times now, with no different results. My phone has plenty of free memory, around 90 megs. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by jeallen1; 10-21-09 at 09:41 PM.
    10-21-09 09:33 PM
    Never mind, i figured it out. I used the desktop manager to delete Google Maps this time, then i downloaded the new version OTA and it worked fine.

John
    10-21-09 10:08 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I've tried deleting it from Desktop Manager and still it gives me the same two errors after I download the new version of Google Maps. Any suggestions?
    10-21-09 11:27 PM
    I did an OTA install of Google Maps, over top version 3.0.2. Tried to run and got the same out of memory issues. Went to DM and deleted Google Maps, rebooted the phone, then did an OTA install again.

Same problem. However, I have had this issue with other apps on my Tour. At least this time, I didn't get a 552 error...
    10-22-09 07:48 AM
    don't even say 552 error!! The horror.

Same problem here... any fixes out there?
    10-22-09 09:01 AM
    same issue here, been trying to work around it
    10-22-09 12:08 PM
    Same problems with 8900 4.6.1.310

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 12:40 PM
    By any chance, are you guys using Opera Mini Beta 5 and have it running as your default browser?
    10-22-09 01:25 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Uninstalled several times, no luck.
    10-22-09 04:04 PM
    During my nightly quickpull, I now have the 522 error. Stopped by Verizon after work today and they're overnighting me a new phone.

Good luck to everyone else and hope you guys don't get the 522 error.
    10-22-09 06:45 PM
    I downloaded 3.2.0 on top of 3.0.2. So far it's working with no errors. I have a Verizon Tour running 4.7.1.40.

10-22-09 07:46 PM
    A Related Question. . . Each time I go to m.google.com/maps I get a message that says it is not avaliable for my tour. . . no ota link or option @ all . . . Could someone post the ota please. . . . .

10-22-09 08:10 PM
    Be sure you are using the BlackBerry Browser, and that it is set to emulate BlackBerry. You may be inadvertently deceiving Google into thinking you have something other than a BlackBerry. I downloaded 3.2.0 to my Tour with no difficulty.
    10-22-09 10:30 PM
    i was able to download it but i've noticed the new google maps lags way more than the previous version.
    10-22-09 10:44 PM
    I downloaded 3.2.0 on top of 3.0.2. So far it's working with no errors. I have a Verizon Tour running 4.7.1.40.

I am not surprised it worked for you w/o a problem, JeffH.
    10-23-09 08:08 AM
    Anyone else having problems with the newest Google Maps? When I try to start the application, i get the following error: "Error starting GoogleMaps: Module 'GoogleMaps-2' has verification errors." If i try to start it again, i get: "Error starting GoogleMaps: Error loading module 'GoogleMaps' OutOfMemoryError". My tour keeps alternating back and forth between these 2 errors. I have deleted and reinstalled the app a few times now, with no different results. My phone has plenty of free memory, around 90 megs. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    John
    having the exact same problem on a tour with google maps and google app. what's going on???? did a dm delete then download - same prob. did a device delete then download - same prob. did a download then another to overwrite - same problem. it's always those two errors, one or the other.
    10-23-09 09:41 PM
    It appears that something is just messed up with the OS. Do a complete battery pull (30 seconds). You may get the Software 552 error (so be prepared to reload the OS). I wish I could narrow down what's causing the 552 errors! They are frustrating! My Tour was working great. After getting these two error messages with Google Maps (and almost any app I downloaded thereafter), I decided to pull my battery, wait a minute, and re-insert. My Tour never came back up. I had to reload the OS (I decided to go to .57 from Sprint...might as well try something new since I have to do all the work with setting up my apps again).

After that, I reloaded Google Maps without an issue.

hmmm...
    10-26-09 12:01 PM
    Google needs to update and fix the issues that we are having. after it downloads and everything else. it takes at lease 2min before it logs in and then the latitude comes up. also the problem im seeing is that with this verison when ever you go into it, it doesnt update right away, compare to the 3.0.2 when you go in it updates right away saying 2m or whatever time frame the person you looking at.

has anyone wrote to google on this matter?

plus i like the older one because the location dot is smaller. dont like this big one.
    10-26-09 12:23 PM
    Agreed. The delay in updating location is frustrating.
    10-29-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD