Last night I saw the facebook app update and decided to upgrade, I DLed it and started to upgrade then clicked to reboot and went to bed. This morning I woke to find my phone in a never ending loop of restarting, it appears to be loading then hits some sort of a error and retarts. After talking to a Verizon tech guy they are going to replace the phone.... just sucks that a official release would cause something like that
    10-17-09 02:14 PM
    Have you removed the battery while the device was ON, then replace and see if that did the trick?
    10-17-09 02:16 PM
    Removed battery a few times and same thing happens every time... it appears to load for about 4 or 4 mins then goes to some error screen or something for a split sec then restarts
    10-17-09 02:19 PM
    Did you receive any error codes at all? What about deleting the Facebook app and re-installing it?
    10-17-09 02:20 PM
    I believe that it displays a error for a split sec (Far to fast to read) then restarts..... I never get far enough to do anything with the phone so i have no way up deleting it. It just shows the little loading clock and restarts every few mins
    10-17-09 02:23 PM
    Ok, sounds like the device needs to be wiped and the operating system(OS) needs to be reloaded. Have you ever backed up the device using Desktop Manager, the CD the device came with? If you didn't the info you had on the device is lost...
    10-17-09 02:25 PM
    Do another battery pull then hold down the back key (arrow key to right of trackball) when you put battery back in. That will boot you into safe mode where you can delete it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 02:28 PM
    I have backed up the device using the dektop manager and im not really even worried about the info on the phone. I use google sync so thats ok and I belive all my photos are on the memory card.... problem is how do you do reload the OS when you can even get the phone to do anything? I tried connecting the phone to my PC but it wont recognize the phone because the phone wont get out of startup
    10-17-09 02:30 PM
    Try what Cereal Killer posted above ^^^ and if that doesn't work, try this...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ked+blackberry
    10-17-09 02:33 PM
    Tried doing the safe mode reboot and it does the same exact thing as before.... Thank you for your help but sense its a fairly new phone I think I will just get it replaced by Verizon
    10-17-09 02:44 PM
    working fine fo rme
    10-17-09 02:45 PM
    I had to reinstall my OS because of this exact same issue. What an ordeal!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 07:59 AM
    Just as a note to others that may be in trouble. I was having major issues with a bootup loop and was not able to fix it with the above method, (but found this topic while searching for help) so here's a link to my post and list of what worked for me.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ap...7/#post3870123

I guess you have to delete the beginning part of the link address in your address bar to get it to work. I have NO CLUE why it wont link properly.
    Last edited by firebirdude; 10-21-09 at 08:32 AM.
    10-21-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD