Okay, don't get me wrong... It is unfortunate that there seems to be updating issues for so many people, and that Cheetah has been tougher to pin down, but he ALWAYS asks for help testing when he's ready to test something. Perhaps he's working out the kinks he's discovered.

Besides, who cares? I tried to update and nothing changed. Know what I did? Went on using the version I already had, because it's awesome software. Do you really feel ripped off or that he owes you something? Try not to look at devs as people to hold accountable. Look at them as the folks who make your phone better. Be glad he's still working to improve the software you already paid for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't believe anyone in this thread has said that this program is not a great program. I also don't think the many of us with issues in this update have deleted it from our phones. There are simply issues with the update from App World and from Mobihand. I think we all appreciate this great program and what Cheetah has done. And yes, Cheetah may indeed be busy, people have lives, that is indeed understood. But, this is a forum and we are family here and we are simply venting and sharing our woes with our family members. We just want some help to get these new features working that so many of us are excited about. Since we are family and sharing, I am sure Cheetah would want to know that some of these issues are happening to users of Quicklaunch. No disrespect to Cheetah is intended in any fashion.
    01-15-10 10:42 AM
    I don't believe anyone in this thread has said that this program is not a great program. I also don't think the many of us with issues in this update have deleted it from our phones. There are simply issues with the update from App World and from Mobihand. I think we all appreciate this great program and what Cheetah has done. And yes, Cheetah may indeed be busy, people have lives, that is indeed understood. But, this is a forum and we are family here and we are simply venting and sharing our woes with our family members. We just want some help to get these new features working that so many of us are excited about. Since we are family and sharing, I am sure Cheetah would want to know that some of these issues are happening to users of Quicklaunch. No disrespect to Cheetah is intended in any fashion.
    Ditto....and I started the thread to seek help in addition to venting. This is my first BB, and honestly I didn't know who Cheetah was until reading the comments Don't get me wrong, I love QL, its the most productive app i've purchased. However if there is an update for it, then I will like to be able to enjoy the benefits of any improvements included within the update just as it is intended to be....if we can't benefit from it, why do an update. I will wait patiently on this to be resolved, and in the meantime I will still use QL on a daily basis as usual
    01-15-10 11:23 AM
    Cool. Didn't mean to be nasty. I've gotten excited about stuff for my 'Berry that I've been bummed to wait for. Guess I was sensitive because in a lot of threads there's a big conspiracy-theorist, us-against-them attitude towards devs.

I assure you though, when Cheetah Ace builds a feature in, he does all he can to make it work. I'm sure our patience will be rewarded with a spiffy new update.

01-15-10 09:11 PM
    he is probably busy. I understand. That is why I am waiting for appworld. The fix only works for people who downloaded through mobihand, not appworld
    Sheesh. The update has been on app world for days. I posted RIM'S official fixes for people who can't get the update. That problem is not related to quicklaunch. It's an app world problem. It happens to all apps on app world from time to time and it's random depending on what version of app world you have and what device and what carrier etc.

After I posted the instructions on how to get it from app world all i've been getting is replies and emails saying thanks and that it works. If it didn't work for you then the proper course of action is to email me at nikkisoft dot support at g mail. Emails to me get answered almost immediately. As I've said numerous times in dozens of threads, I can't spend all my time searching crackberry day in and day out all day long looking for posts with crackberry issues although I think I do that more than any other developer here so I really don't appreciate comments saying i'm blowing anyone off. Is it to much to ask for you to email me? Am I supposed to follow you around wherever you go? Comments like these are exactly the reason i've spent less time on crackberry this week. I work on QL and answer emails all day and night every day and if i dont respond to every post which usually has been answered several times in the same thread then get criticized for it it's very irritating.

If you can't get the update from mobihand and everyone else is then isn't it possible it might be an issue with your account? or maybe you didn't refresh your browser cache? Or maybe the wrong version was selected? etc? Don't bash me without an attempt to contact me directly first which always results in a fast resolution.

With that said, those with an update issue can email me and they will get a quick reply.

Thank you.
    01-15-10 09:36 PM
    I've been frustrated too that the upgrade wasn't posting in App World or using the Check for Updates button in-app. (Which I've successfully used before by the way. After getting my 9700 and downloading 2.15.7 from App World, I used the Update feature to download 2.15.10.)

Anyway, I was messing in App World this morning and ended up noticing that 2.17 was listed for QL!
    QL was listed as Uninstalled since I had done the aforementioned Upgrade to 2.15.10.
    So when I opened it to Reinstall I found it suspicious that there were no 2.17 Release Notes. Reinstalled and it was 2.15.7...

HOWEVER, after I had re-installed 2.15.7, i exited out and came back in to find there was no an Upgrade Available to 2.17.1 which I successfully downloaded!
    It does have Multi-Click in the QL Options for the Convenience Keys settings. I haven't tried it out yet though.
    01-15-10 09:43 PM
    Sheesh. The update has been on app world for days. I posted RIM'S official fixes for people who can't get the update. That problem is not related to quicklaunch. It's an app world problem. It happens to all apps on app world from time to time and it's random depending on what version of app world you have and what device and what carrier etc.

If it didn't work for you then the proper course of action is to email me at nikkisoft dot support at g mail. Emails to me get answered almost immediately. As I've said numerous times in dozens of threads, I can't spend all my time searching crackberry day in and day out all day long looking for posts with crackberry issues although I think I do that more than any other developer here so I really don't appreciate comments saying i'm blowing anyone off. Is it to much to ask for you to email me? Am I supposed to follow you around wherever you go? Comments like these are exactly the reason i've spent less time on crackberry this week. I work on QL and answer emails all day and night every day and if i dont respond to every post which usually has been answered several times in the same thread then get criticized for it it's very irritating.

With that said, those with an update issue can email me and they will get a quick reply.
    I agree that Cheetah is one of the most active dev's on here and typically does manage to find his way into almost all threads re QL. Sometimes his reples are almost cryptically short, but his answers are FAST and TO-THE-POINT! I'll take that over flowery fluff. (Actually the post above is probably the longest Reply I've ever seen from him!)

I can also testify that I have received surprisingly fast service from him when I've had issues surrounding device switches in the past.

Cheetah, don't get too bummed out that people are posting frustrations regarding the Upgrade. Remember the reason they're frustrated is that they love the app and want MORE! Haha that's my pep talk for the day...
    01-15-10 09:53 PM
    Thanks. You're totally right. I've officially become un-bummed.

There's a lot of pressure to this job. I need to hire some employees. Getting too hard to do it all myself.
    anyway, im just here working on more features and bug fixes etc....
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 01-15-10 at 10:15 PM.
    01-15-10 09:57 PM
    Hey by the way, you don't have 9700 or 85XX listed in your post signature. (It's available for 85XX right?)

Also since upgrading, I now have the issue in QL Options that the text runs off into an ellipsis. I can't take a screenshot of the QL Options.
    Example:

Menu Location: Ri...
    Titlebar Color: Def...
    Font Size: S...

You get my drift. I'm using the same theme I had on prior to upgrading to 2.17 today. I had no such issue with 2.15.10 running on the exact same theme.
    Anyway not a dealbreaker, but thought you'd want to know and address in future version.

I do appreciate you increasing the actual size of the main menu window for the app though.
    01-15-10 10:16 PM
    Use the 83xx version for 85xx devices. I don't have a release yet specifically for 85xx. Working on it.
    It will work fine when it comes out. Maybe another 3 weeks though.
    01-15-10 10:20 PM
    Same here, under applications it says that it has the latest version. I was just going to ask if why Cheetah has not spoken up about any of this mess! I don't understand it!
    If not mistaken , it's specifically for OS 5.0 ???

01-15-10 10:27 PM
    If not mistaken , it's specifically for OS 5.0 ???

what do you mean?
    01-15-10 10:44 PM
    Also since upgrading, I now have the issue in QL Options that the text runs off into an ellipsis. I can't take a screenshot of the QL Options.
    Example:

Menu Location: Ri...
    Titlebar Color: Def...
    Font Size: S...

You get my drift. I'm using the same theme I had on prior to upgrading to 2.17 today. I had no such issue with 2.15.10 running on the exact same theme.
    Any thoughts on this one, Cheetah?
    01-15-10 10:57 PM
    i answered that but incorrectly. i thought you had the 85xx. if you have 9700 it is fixed and will be in the next update.
    01-15-10 11:05 PM
    what do you mean?
    What I mean is v2.17 is specifically for device running OS 5.0 , I'd no problem at all using this upgrade. Thq Cheetah.

01-15-10 11:45 PM
    2.17 is not for 5.0 only.
    01-15-10 11:48 PM
    seriously, i finally got the upgrade notification from appworld and went to download it and I get a message from apworld saying that quicklaunch is not available for download on appworld. This just moments after it provided me the upgrade notification!

Thought you would find this at least a little funny
    01-15-10 11:53 PM
    I guess. Would have been funnier if it just worked. Do the steps I provided before and it will work.
    01-15-10 11:59 PM
    Cheetah, thanks for everything. Hope I didn't upset you. Followed your directions and it finally worked!

01-16-10 12:36 AM
    cool. no problem. thx
    01-16-10 12:53 AM
    Just stumbled across this thread. Checked my version on my Tour and its 2.16. Mobihand lists 2.16 as the most current version. Is the update limited to certain devices like the new 8520? I'm running a 419 os 5 hybrid and love it!

Great app btw!

01-16-10 01:09 AM
    Cheetah I tried to send you a private message about the problem I was having with my Quicklaunch 2.17.1 update, but, it says that you can no longer get any more private messages until some space is made. Do you have an alternate place for us to send messages? Thanks
    01-17-10 09:07 PM
    nikkisoft dot support
    g mail
    01-17-10 09:10 PM
    nikkisoft dot support
    g mail
    Thank you, just sent you an email.
    01-17-10 09:22 PM

After I posted the instructions on how to get it from app world all i've been getting is replies and emails saying thanks and that it works. If it didn't work for you then the proper course of action is to email me at nikkisoft dot support at g mail. Emails to me get answered almost immediately. As I've said numerous times in dozens of threads, I can't spend all my time searching crackberry day in and day out all day long looking for posts with crackberry issues although I think I do that more than any other developer here so I really don't appreciate comments saying i'm blowing anyone off. Is it to much to ask for you to email me? Am I supposed to follow you around wherever you go? Comments like these are exactly the reason i've spent less time on crackberry this week. I work on QL and answer emails all day and night every day and if i dont respond to every post which usually has been answered several times in the same thread then get criticized for it it's very irritating.

If you can't get the update from mobihand and everyone else is then isn't it possible it might be an issue with your account? or maybe you didn't refresh your browser cache? Or maybe the wrong version was selected? etc? Don't bash me without an attempt to contact me directly first which always results in a fast resolution.

Thank you.
    No bashing was intended....I do appreciate your great work, and I'm just excited about all the cool stuff I keep hearing about the update. My issue is with the upgrade feature not working in Mobihand, I know that has nothing to do with you. Sorry if it came across otherwise.
    01-18-10 03:25 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD