I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering- is there a bittorrent client for BBOS? I think that would be sweet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 01:49 PM
    No. It would be impractical. The data network speeds are a bit sluggish for that sort of thing. Having dozens of peers connecting to a mobile device, that is behind a firewall is probably impossible right now. There are just too many reason that this is impractical.
    11-19-08 01:59 PM
    then why do winmo and iphone have torrent clients?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 02:41 PM
    All I've seen for the iPhone is a remote. BTW, Blackberrry isn't windows mobile or the iphone. It may be a smartphone but as far as I'm concerned, that's comparing apples and oranges.
    11-19-08 02:48 PM
    Windows Mobile and the iPhone are two smartphone OSes that have a torrent client. A CLIENT. THAT DOWNLOADS TORRENTS. If it's so impractical, why do they have one?

It's not apples to oranges, you just have no idea what you're talking about. I don't care about your post count.
    11-19-08 03:23 PM
    i would think another reason would be that bt clients are compatible/written for windows (and maybe Mac-i am not up on Mac info) so the requirements are met there?
    i use bt and would never have thought of using it on my Bb for one because of lack of storage space, not to mention download speeds would suck, and your battery would never make it through a day
    there are probably a lot of reasons, i think it isn't practical myself but to each his own.
    11-19-08 03:30 PM
    Windows Mobile and the iPhone are two smartphone OSes that have a torrent client. A CLIENT. THAT DOWNLOADS TORRENTS. If it's so impractical, why do they have one?

It's not apples to oranges, you just have no idea what you're talking about. I don't care about your post count.
    He does know what he's talking about.

BBOS has a built-in firewall and security that both WinMo and iPhone don't.
    BBOS is VERY conservative with data- both WinMo and iPhone use way more data than BBs do and therefore it's impractical because of the network speeds.

And he was saying it's apples and oranges because they run of different platforms and servers. You're just an *****.
    11-19-08 08:48 PM
    Getting messy..Their is no torrent client for BB devices, Yes other devices do have them, practical or not, it is possible to use those clients, would you download a 4GB file using it..probably not, but for smaller files like music and such, no reason not too.

Consider it closed.
    11-19-08 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD