so ive had an iphone for a while now, it was time to upgrade.... i decided to try the blackberry torch - it seems like a great phone, i really like it.... but i installed pandora, and it loads up, i choose a station.. it says loading whatever station..... and thats it - it wont load the station, and if it does it will only play about 40 seconds of the song before hanging or skipping to the next song.

from what i read its an issue people have only started having with the 1.5.5 pandora software.

i have tried it on 2g and 3g, neither work.
    i have also tried it with HQ audio on and off, neither made a difference.

so my question is, is there any solution... or does pandora just not work well with blackberrys ?

i suppose if thats the case i can always go back to the iphone, unfortunatly i really like this blackberry.....

thanks in advance for any help !!!!
    11-25-10 09:34 AM
    Hmm.... I don't think it's that Pandora don't work well with Blackberries, because my 8520 (Curve) work fine with it, but on the other hand the Pandora for 9800 (Torch) not working. It's just a bug that they will fix eventually, so hang in there your streaming music will come back to you once again and you wont have to think about cashing in with Steve Jobs lol

HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!!
    Redz120
    11-25-10 09:43 AM
    alright well thats good to hear, i was kinda thinking that ... but since this is my first blackberry i didnt know if maybe they just couldnt handle pandora or something.

but you think i just need to wait it out, and they will get it straightned out ?

im kinda asking also, cause i only have 30 days to return my phone for another.... but id much rather keep my blackberry than an iphone lol.

thank you for your help... and happy holidays to you too !!!
    11-25-10 09:49 AM
    alright well thats good to hear, i was kinda thinking that ... but since this is my first blackberry i didnt know if maybe they just couldnt handle pandora or something.

but you think i just need to wait it out, and they will get it straightned out ?

im kinda asking also, cause i only have 30 days to return my phone for another.... but id much rather keep my blackberry than an iphone lol.

thank you for your help... and happy holidays to you too !!!
    Yea I think you should wait it out

Blackberries are nice if you can utilize them for their full potential. One great function is Blackberry Messenger where it allows you to I.M. friends unlimitedly without running up your data plan. Plus you can send pics,video,web pages,etc over it.
    11-25-10 09:56 AM
    alright ill wait it out, are they usually pretty fast with fixing this sort of thing ?

ya im starting to see alot of cool things on my blackberry... it seems much less restrictive than my iphone was, more like having a mini computer really.

one thing i thought was cool, is the ability to change your theme...
    and blackberry messenger is cool also, unfortunately i only know one other person with a blackberry lol. and i believe it only works from black berry to black berry ?

ill have to check it out more though....

really excited to own a black berry !!

also, glad i found this community lol.
    11-25-10 10:11 AM
    Don't forget you can always email the developers at Pandora and report the bug!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 11:33 AM
    Don't forget you can always email the developers at Pandora and report the bug!

11-25-10 12:20 PM
    Well, is this something evryone with a torch is expereincing ?

11-25-10 12:22 PM
    i have a Torch and i have no problems with Pandora ever for the past 6 weeks now. just used it last night.
    uninstall the app and re install it again.
    11-25-10 12:25 PM
    What version of pandora do you have ? YOurs loads right up, and plays continouesly ?

11-25-10 12:44 PM
    Just uninstalled, reinstalled - still loading very slow .. And pausing. I wonder if its a setting or something that I'm missing ? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

11-25-10 01:02 PM
    sorry for the late reply.. a bit busy entertaining Family and friends and watching the Patriots at the same time..
    my version is 1.1.4 and YES it doesn't pause nor skip.
    11-25-10 01:37 PM
    I have 1.1.5 - and from what I read its that update that was messing up... Any chance you would want to try updating, and seeing if yours still works ? ... Though I don't want to screw up your pandora ...

11-25-10 04:35 PM
    Is there any way I could downgrade ? That would be a better way of testing it... Lol, and no worrys about the late reply - I'm on the entertained end so I got it a bit easier lol.

11-25-10 04:43 PM
    Any ways for me to downgrade ?

11-26-10 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD