Hi gang,
    Reviewed the other app threads and didn't see the solution to using the Audible app on the Torch 9850. Just bought the Torch (luv it!) and am addicted to Audible books.

There is no Audible app specifically for the Torch 9850, so here is what I did. You may have a different approach, but this one works for me.

--Install the Audible app for the Bold 9780 at http://m.audible.com/bb
    --Set your convenience key to launch the virtual keyboard. The app does not automatically launch the leyboard to enter your credentials
    --Run the app and click through to the credential screen (you can use the touchscreen to select the appropriate buttons)
    --When at the credentials screen, launch the keyboard with the convenience key (may need to press the "back" button to get both the keyboard and credential page on the screen)
    --enter your credentials and press "enter" or whatever the onscreen button
    --credentials are accepted, and this is the last time you have to type anything into the Audible app. Everything else is done with the screen buttons or hardware buttons.
    --Close the app and open it again. Then you can access your Audible library.
    --I normally buy books to my laptop the transfer a few to the BB. This works seamlessly with the new Torch.
    --Enjoy!
    DDPearson, timiii and RideRed250 like this.
    09-10-11 06:29 PM
    I was wanting to trash my Torch because I lost this app. You've made my day!
    02-28-12 01:31 PM
    This version of Audible worked for my Torch 9810 too!!!! Thankyou so much for the help.
    05-17-12 08:50 PM
    Clever approach. Good thinking.
    05-17-12 08:55 PM
    --Set your convenience key to launch the virtual keyboard. The app does not automatically launch the leyboard to enter your credentials
    --Run the app and click through to the credential screen (you can use the touchscreen to select the appropriate buttons)
    --When at the credentials screen, launch the keyboard with the convenience key (may need to press the "back" button to get both the keyboard and credential page on the screen)
    --enter your credentials and press "enter" or whatever the onscreen button
    sorry to jump in like this, but if you have "Advance OS and LED", then you can use "Instant Launch" feature to automate starting the app, locating the credentials fields and also entering credentials with two clicks only, and from any screen (using convenience key assigned to Adv OS and LED), the app is 100% free

hope this helps in using other apps as well
    05-18-12 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD