When migrating from my Curve 9330 to my Torch 9850 I lost a large number of Speed Dial numbers. What I'd like to see is an update to the phone application that would implement the following enhancements.

Portrait Mode:
    An option to have the phone work like it does now or, when holding down a number, have it pop-up a list of the available Speed Dial numbers (three per number based on the alpha numbers shown on the Keypad) that are available for that number. With this option turned off I would suggest that the user be able to pre-select the default number to dial for that keypad button. This would allow those of us who are migrating from a Keyboard phone to a phone without a Keyboard to keep all our Speed Dial numbers.

New Landscape Mode:
    Whether the Portrait option is turned on or not allow operation in Landscape Mode with every key on the Keyboard being available, including all the shifts.

This is the thing that I was most disappointed with on this phone.
    09-19-11 04:43 PM
    My Torch is the only phone i have so I'm stuck with it, the good with the bad.

Another thing I would like to see is when I'm on a call & I get another incoming call I'd like to have another button that would hang up the call I'm on and answer the new one. Most of the time I don't want to put the call I'm on on hold.
    09-20-11 02:43 PM
    Did you know that you can assign a contact to the home screen? In other words, you can have a speed dial folder.
    Go to address book, go into contact card, hit menu bitton and select "add to home screen". You ca. Then move those contacts into a folder called speed dial or something like that.

Not nearly as convenient as the sped dial, but it's the next best thing. Gives you quick access to 16 contacts all on one screen.

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    up488 and Clint0831 like this.
    09-20-11 08:28 PM
    Angry birds. eBay. Some cooler iPhone type stuff....I think this phone is pretty damn cool....would like to see it do more stuff.
    09-20-11 09:58 PM
    Angry birds. eBay. Some cooler iPhone type stuff....I think this phone is pretty damn cool....would like to see it do more stuff.
    Hopefully RIM adds some 'cooler iPhone type stuff' I would hate to see this phone end up like the storm

09-20-11 10:15 PM
    I wish there was an App that would allow me to edit a song on my phone and make it a ringtone.
    09-21-11 06:27 AM
    When migrating from my Curve 9330 to my Torch 9850 I lost a large number of Speed Dial numbers. What I'd like to see is an update to the phone application that would implement the following enhancements.

Portrait Mode:
    An option to have the phone work like it does now or, when holding down a number, have it pop-up a list of the available Speed Dial numbers (three per number based on the alpha numbers shown on the Keypad) that are available for that number. With this option turned off I would suggest that the user be able to pre-select the default number to dial for that keypad button. This would allow those of us who are migrating from a Keyboard phone to a phone without a Keyboard to keep all our Speed Dial numbers.

New Landscape Mode:
    Whether the Portrait option is turned on or not allow operation in Landscape Mode with every key on the Keyboard being available, including all the shifts.

This is the thing that I was most disappointed with on this phone.
    In regards to loosing the speed dial contacts, when restoring your Torch with your file from the Curve did go into the advanced options of the restoration and select the exact options to restore? Is there an option have the speed dial numbers restored?
    09-21-11 07:10 AM
    It restored 7 of my speed dial numbers.
    09-21-11 09:32 AM
    Did you know that you can assign a contact to the home screen? In other words, you can have a speed dial folder.
    Go to address book, go into contact card, hit menu bitton and select "add to home screen". You ca. Then move those contacts into a folder called speed dial or something like that.

Not nearly as convenient as the sped dial, but it's the next best thing. Gives you quick access to 16 contacts all on one screen.

Cheers

That works ok for a contact that only has one number.
    09-21-11 09:35 AM
    Please restrict comments in this thread to those that pertain to the phone app.
    09-21-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD