This post is restricted to TORCH 9800 users ONLY and foursquare v3.xx (or actually any foursquare version after v1.9.85 for that matter)

Is there any other Torch 9800 user that STILL cannot get a proper GPS location from foursquare, even with their recent release of v3.xx?

I see that foursquare is updating to v2 of its API within 2 weeks and have said all version 1 API clients will no longer work, which is basically anything less than v3.x I think

v1.9.85 was the LAST version that I could actually get an accurate GPS fix on foursquare. I'm still using it today as it still allows the GPS to work with the application. I've tried everything with every other release so far, including the lastest v3.0.0 and 3.0.2. ALL will give GPS locations that are hundreds or thousands of meters away from my actual location. For example, a venue on my street that is 56m away (which is correct) in v1.9.85 is over 2km away in all other versions AFTER 1.9.85....including the lastest v3.xx ones!

My current BB OS is v6.0.0.448 which is the latest version Telus offers. I saw in earlier posts that a user had slightly better luck with v6.0.0.600, only to realize a short time later it didn't really help.

This problem seems to be restricted for the most part to Torch 9800 devices.

So is there actually any other Torch 9800 device owners (preferably on Telus) that can actually get foursqure v.3.xx to give you a proper GPS location???

ALL my other GPS enabled programs such as Poynt, Google Maps, Blackberry Maps, everything else, gives me a perfect GPS location...except foursquare and like I said, it DOES work fine, STILL, in v1.9.85 of foursquare, so this is DEFINATELY a foursquare software issue of some kind.

Any help from from other Torch 9800 users would be helpful..

Thanks!
    07-20-11 04:49 AM
    I am running 6.0.0.576 on my Torch and running the latest alpha release from Foursquare and this seems to be working fine for me.

Comes up with my location pretty accurately and pretty quickly so no complaints from me.

Check the permissions of the app and make sure location services are set to available.
    07-20-11 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD