Hi all, n00b here, sorry if this is wrong place, I didn't find anything about this in the search.

I know that Fandango is releasing the new BB app and I'm QQing because I have a crappy old 8700 (pity gratefully accepted lol) and probably wont' be able to use it. Anyway, saving up for a Curve and then this morning I got an email from Fandango sending me to a link it won't let me post yet (sorry about that) But it's a site through Simplexity which is a cell store, I guess, and they are offering free BBs (several different models) for a new or renewal 2 year contract with one of 4 providers (including mine). "A Festivus Miracle!" says I, then after starting to fill out the form I freeze up and think, 'hmmm, sounds too good to be true, is it? The wise ones at Crackberry will know.'

Anyone else see this? Am I being too n00bish to think it might be legit? What do you all think?

Thanks,
    Ker
    Last edited by Ker9; 12-02-09 at 10:26 AM.
    12-02-09 10:22 AM
    its like getting a phone off of amazon, wirefly, crackberry, etc. you either have to have a new contract for 2 years with their specific phone plan which is always higher than the cheapest ones you can get at the store, and/or you need to see how much you will have to pay for an upgrade which will extend your contract 2 years as well as have to use their specific plan they choose as well
    12-02-09 10:24 AM
    I don't know anything about Fandango or Simplexity, but it is not unusual to get a free phone with a new plan. I got my Pearl for free with a two-year T-Mobile family plan thru my local dealer. Here is a $50 9700 at Wirefly (whom I also know nothing about).

Welcome to our Wireless World
    02-05-10 10:56 AM
    Simplexity is a VERY reliable company. Go for it. If need any help, ask for John Bailey at Simplexity. Amway Global uses their child company Wireless Marketplus

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-06-10 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD