Does anyone know if TomTom will be releasing a version for BB, particularly the Storm in my case. I have tried the usual suspects, BB Maps, Google & Amaze. The problem I have with these is that they rely on data connection to get map information before rendering images, unlike TomTom which has the maps loaded on sdcard. Just wondered if it could be done or is being looked into at all.
    09-05-09 04:24 PM
    Which carrier do you have? Sprint Nav is included with device(s)- free
    And why do you not have a data plan for your blackberry????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 07:09 PM
    Garmin has a BB app but it is a bit expensive at $99.
    09-05-09 07:51 PM
    I think he's trying to get away from the load time involved with the live render.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 08:13 AM
    Garmin can be had for $79. I Googled "Garmin BlackBerry $79" a couple days ago and it took me to Garmin Mobile's website with the $79 price. Map rendering is pretty fast, enough where I don't even notice it.
    09-06-09 08:49 PM
    they just released an app for the iphone...no reason why they cant do the same for the storm? maybe write them and see?
    09-06-09 09:06 PM
    they just released an app for the iphone...no reason why they cant do the same for the storm? maybe write them and see?
    LOL... The problem is it is an entirely different coding language. Writing an app for the iphone has nothing to do with writing one for a BlackBerry.
    09-06-09 09:36 PM
    oh I understand that...was simply stating that they are now possibly looking at the smart phone market and apple must be their first choice but RIM might be soon to follow?
    09-06-09 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD