Toktumi and Blackberry
    I recently had to have my BB 8530 replaced due to corruption and I manually reinstalled all the apps I had because the carrier couldn't transfer them to the replaced device. Most of all the vendors provided me with new activation keys, if needed ( thanks to Crackberry website, I was able to reinstall most of the apps purchased through them w/o any issues.
    One app I tried to reinstall but couldn't find the download link on the company website was Toktumi (pronounced 'talk to me'). It is an app that allow you to have a Line 2 on your phone. After chatting with the Customer Support several times, it was finally revealed to me that Toktumi no longer support the Blackberry platforms because of issues with Blackberry and the developers of this app (think it is mostly engineering and tech issues). They wanted to provide me a courtesy link but i refused because I purchased this app several months ago with the understanding their platform with the Blackberry will improve by working with RIM. The app has a monthly fee of $14.95 that provides some unique features for people who are small business owners (check website their for details). It also compare their features with similar apps such as Google Voice and Skye, etc.
    The problem I have is that Toktumi is still charging me ( I have requested a full refund for this app) and other Blackberry users for their service that they no longer support and didn't sent any information to the users of their decision. I was receiving emails from them touted their exceptional service and how to receive free service for referring others about Toktumi and a chance to win an ipad.
    Their website instructional video for this app was always displaying a touchscreen smartphone such as an iphone or BB Storm but didn't have "how to" video if your phone platform was Bold, Curve or Tour which I addressed to them several times during my chats(this is the only form of direct Customer Support). If are a Blackberry users have this app, I would suggest to make sure you don't lose it because you won't be able to get another download link ( it took me 3 chats before they were willingly to provide a "courtesy link" even though I was about to be billed for their service) until whatever issues are resolved with them and RIM. If the issues aren't resolved, look for another service that is Blackberry "friendly".
    Also if you do a search of Toktumi and Blackberry, you will see a press about the difficulty Toktumi is having with the Blackberry platforms (it seems that with all the platforms Blackberry have, they create problems with developers as opposed to iphone with one platform.
    I discovered Toktumi on Crackberry website as an advertised link.
    Last edited by the1bigdawg; 08-26-10 at 08:00 PM.
    08-26-10 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD