Just this weekend I got a new tmobile app on my phone called tmobile - my account. Saw it on my phone after a reboot. It must have been pushed automatically as it shows up on my wife's 8520 as well. When I click on the icon it brings up the browser to install the app, then it errors out. When it errors, it gets to a tmobile website and says the system encountered connection problems. Its not connectivity related, as it does this on wifi or on EDGE with full signal.

Any other tmobile users see this pop up on their phone and did you get it to work? Doesn't work on either of our blackberries? Both phones are on OS5...not sure if that has something to do with it.
    07-11-10 03:12 PM
    I'll try a reboot and see if it pops up on mine. I'm at 4.6 so we'll see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 03:15 PM
    Didn't show up on mine.

07-11-10 03:30 PM
    here is a screenshot. its the icon in the bottom right corner.
    07-11-10 03:36 PM
    If it shows up on OS5 that wouldn't make sense since T-Mobile hasn't officially released it for the 8900 and yet they're releasing apps for it?

07-11-10 03:40 PM
    I'm on tmobile with OS5 and received the app after a reboot too. Got the same error message.

07-11-10 06:06 PM
    "If" this is the "other" browser that is WAP vs internet, it's always been there on my 8900 and my 8320. Goes directly to the MYT-Mobile site for account access (when you click on Account). Never was prompted to install anything, as for me, it's always been there, when I've upgraded the OS.

I have noticed that depending on theme, it will either show up as WAP or T-Mobile when you scroll over the icon.

07-11-10 06:29 PM
    "If" this is the "other" browser that is WAP vs internet, it's always been there on my 8900 and my 8320. Goes directly to the MYT-Mobile site for account access (when you click on Account). Never was prompted to install anything, as for me, it's always been there, when I've upgraded the OS.

I have noticed that depending on theme, it will either show up as WAP or T-Mobile when you scroll over the icon.

I've always had that one too. But since you don't have to download it I'm wondering if that is what the op is referring to.

07-11-10 06:37 PM
    I have the icon i showed in my previous screenshot in addition to the regular browser and the tmobile browser. This icon appeared after a reboot on both my 8900 and 8520. When you click the tmobile my account icon you are redirected to an agreement where you can accept or decline. When I accept the agreement, it errors out as mentioned in my original post.
    07-11-10 06:48 PM
    I have the icon i showed in my previous screenshot in addition to the regular browser and the tmobile browser. This icon appeared after a reboot on both my 8900 and 8520. When you click the tmobile my account icon you are redirected to an agreement where you can accept or decline. When I accept the agreement, it errors out as mentioned in my original post.
    Able to see the icon now on my laptop, humm you notice this after a reboot after installing an OS upgrade or app, battery pull? If this is from RIM/TMO, it would/should be part of a SERVICE BOOK push I'd assume.

Edit: Yup it's a Service Book push, forced it by deleting current service books and resending them to my phone. It basically does the same thing as the other TMO browser, in going to your account info. Not sure why it errors out though. But if you click I don't agree it heads to a mobile Blackberry.com page.

Under OPTIONS>ADVANCED OPTIONS>SERVICE BOOKS it looks like a fairly new addition (to me) MyAccount VPL [BrowserConfig] ...*deleted it by deleting the service book entry for it, waiting to see if reboot causes a SB push of the icon*

After Reboot
    Rodger that's a big 10-4 good buddy, it does indeed grace the desktop after SB deletion, once it has been pushed to the device, much like the FB, Myspace and Handango InHand launcher/installer icons.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 07-12-10 at 03:59 AM.
    07-12-10 03:56 AM
    Not sure if anyone noticed but the my account icon actually works and installs the app. Just started working for me this weekend. The app will only work over your data connection, not wifi for security reasons. There isn't a lot to the app but it looks nice.

08-01-10 11:42 PM
    So it installs a separate app?
    08-02-10 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD