hi this has been asked once before but back in 2011 so there may have been an app developed since then.

i was wondering if there was an app avaliable for blackberry which would tell you exactly how long its been since you last fully charged your phone like there is for iphone. it would be really useful when trying out new OS's for battery life on my bold 9900 and also for charge cycle timings on extended batteries. i could of course just use a stop watch but i dont want that running constantly in the background (if it even still time you in the background?)
    10-13-12 06:11 PM
    hi this has been asked once before but back in 2011 so there may have been an app developed since then.

i was wondering if there was an app avaliable for blackberry which would tell you exactly how long its been since you last fully charged your phone like there is for iphone. it would be really useful when trying out new OS's for battery life on my bold 9900 and also for charge cycle timings on extended batteries. i could of course just use a stop watch but i dont want that running constantly in the background (if it even still time you in the background?)
    For anything prior to OS7, use Meterberry or a similar app available in AppWorld.

On OS7 devices, use Universal Search to find "battery analyzer", or go into Options. If you don't have this, go to Options, hold down Alt while typing BBDA to activate it.

Type "ana" to search for it:

Select that, go to Battery Tests, select "Battery draining too quickly", press Start. After a day or so, you'll have some info regarding drain, how fast/slow it's charging, time to charge, etc. by pressing Details under the graph. Selecting the graph itself will allow you to choose weekly, daily, or hourly info, then Details to view.
    10-13-12 06:25 PM
    Tiny Meter shows you the average discharge rate. Additionally, under the battery log, it logs every percentage drop (although you'd probably have to calculate the time between 0% and 100% to get the full drainage time.)
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    10-13-12 06:29 PM
    Here's a screenshot:

and Meterberry:

Berry_Pink likes this.
    10-13-12 06:30 PM
    brilliant thank you both for the really helpful, detailed answers! also thanks for including meterberry now i have it for both my devices
    10-13-12 07:08 PM