I usually research "important" (non-games) 3rd Party Apps like what would be my main email client on my BB, so I thought I'd write my experience with this s/w.

The features listed for Tiggit Mail would fill a huge hole in BIS users' IMAP mailbox needs. The default, BIS, support for IMAP has been discussed more than a few times, and it's still frustrating to say the very least (especially given this is not a huge software problem to overcome -- but maybe it's to push BES sales).

I had horrible problems getting Tiggit Mail working on a new VZW Curve 8530. I think it would be better if I pony'ed up for VZ's full, "BlackBerry Data Plan" which is an extra $15/mo versus their "General Smartphone Plan", but there was no clear technical info about what the more pricey one gives over the cheaper, and I (possibly incorrectly) assumed it was just ability to use BES instead of BIS (which works fine on the cheaper plan -- as does the browser, messengers, and as do the few other BB Apps downloaded from the AppWorld).

The bottom-line is that it doesn't appear you get a full TCP stack enabled with the cheaper data plan. If you did, you might have far better results than I did with Tiggit Mail, because its features where it can connect directly to an Email Server look much more attractive anyway. (Tiggit's ability to run over HTTP to their proxy server is an awesome feature, but the client didn't work reliably...)

But I had the app crash a few times, I had it reload the inbox on restart a few times (and only get the last 10-20 messages in the inbox), and had it just stop receiving at seemingly random points in the day -- which is really BAD if you want to trust your BB to keep you up-to-date with your email!

But what really turned me away was the lack of support. They don't seem to have a phone-support-line, and only an email address. That's kinda-OK. But they responded to me once, after about 24hrs, with a "we have seen similar problems, respond back with these details" reply. So I replied. Three times over the next two days with details and other bug-reports. NO RESPONSE. (Crickets chirping)

I would have been perfectly willing to send logs, try beta s/w (even though I'm after a very solid client), etc. But I never heard from them again. Glad I didn't send them any money.

Take it for what it's worth. On a different carrier, or with the more expensive data plan on VZW, your mileage may vary. I was thoroughly frustrated and disappointed after being really hopeful with the feature-set as listed.
    01-07-10 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD