Just trying the new trial on my 9700.

The app runs a little quirky (meaning it will lock up the phone if too many options [play, stop, change song, etc..] are chosen quickly), but I cannot get it to actually start playing tune. It shows the album cover picture, and, time of song, but, doesn't seem to ever finish loadning, to stream. I've tried yo play a single song, and, a whole album.

It just shows spinning circle in the app (which means loading), I see BB upload and download arrows moving wildly, meaning data is (attempting) to download, but, it doesn't ever start a tune.

I've had issues where I cannot get Grooveshark to work on the 9700, and, now this ....

All of my other 50 apps, including streaming apps like Pandora, Slacker, and XM/Sirius stream songs fine. Just not the on demand apps like Grooveshark and now Thumbplay.

Anyone?
    Last edited by jeffharris; 03-09-10 at 10:46 AM.
    03-09-10 10:44 AM
    Same issue. Pretty excited to try the app, downloaded it, and every time I try to play a track- either on 3G or WiFi exclusive- my Bold 9700 acts like its pulling down data but never plays a track. I've pulled the battery, edited all the permissions to Allow that I could... nothing. HUGE disappointment.
    03-09-10 08:54 PM
    I came across your posting this morning and wanted to reach out and lend a hand. It appears that you both are using firmware that has not been released by your respective carriers. This would explain the "quirky" behavior you are experiencing. Thumbplay supports officially released firmwares. I hope this helps.

We're excited about this product and have been getting great reviews and feedback. We would love for you both to experience Thumbplay Music while using a supported firmware. I'm confident you will see the difference.

All the best
    03-10-10 09:45 AM
    I came across your posting this morning and wanted to reach out and lend a hand. It appears that you both are using firmware that has not been released by your respective carriers. This would explain the "quirky" behavior you are experiencing. Thumbplay supports officially released firmwares. I hope this helps.

We're excited about this product and have been getting great reviews and feedback. We would love for you both to experience Thumbplay Music while using a supported firmware. I'm confident you will see the difference.

All the best
    Your signature got cut off; I take it you're from Thumbplay? Thanks for responding. The thing is, I don't have this problem with other apps. I hope your team is able to update the software to work on newer firmware.
    03-10-10 11:07 AM
    I don't buy this official firmware garbage. In most cases, the OS upgrades we do perform BETTER than the official released versions from our carriers. Especially those that are slow to release upgrades.

Grooveshark was mentioned by the OP as behaving the same way. The original handful of releases from Grooveshark would not work for me. The newest version allows you to choose your connection method. Switching to WAP made my 9700 start streaming music and its been great ever since!

Grooveshark at least acknowledged their problem and worked to fix it.
    03-10-10 12:50 PM
    I don't buy this official firmware garbage. In most cases, the OS upgrades we do perform BETTER than the official released versions from our carriers. Especially those that are slow to release upgrades.
    Yeah, I love the .536 release... the browser is way fast. I'm not giving it up for Thumbplay, as much as I would like to try the product. Guess I'll stick with Pandora or Slacker.
    03-10-10 02:22 PM
    Well, for some reason, it's working fine now. I subscribed today, and, I am happy to report that, after 35 years of record amd CD collecting, I finally streamed my first album OTA, on demand. I have dreamt about this type of portability for a very long time, even 30 years ago, I just didn't know how it would manifest, to be anywhere in the world, any time, and, demand any CD I wish form a catalog of millions of songs .....
    03-28-10 05:40 PM
    It works on the Storm, though it needs a little more optimization.

I have to say, this thing is awesome in theory. I love how you could store playlists to stream later. However, this thing is a total memory eater. I have a Storm 2, and it knocked my app memory from 105 to 67mb. It needs serious optimization. I know its in beta. But I will wait for the next one. I really want this thing to work.
    03-30-10 05:06 PM
    I like Thumbplay music working fine on my 9700 5.0.0.586 (leaked os) I think its hit or miss with some of the leaked os's it applies to all apps. there is usually a new leak every 2-3wks so its hard for a company to release and update for a buggy OS when the problem will be fixed the following week in another leak.

Anyway I wish Thumbplay was a little cheaper. I understand you get desktop and mobile streaming for $9.99 a month but how about a $5 or $4.99 per month mobile only membership? I'd sign up for that in a heart beat.
    03-30-10 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD