I'm often in the grocery store, see a bottle of wine that looks interesting but realize it's a shot in the dark for whether or not it'll be any good. I'd love an app where I can just type in the vineyard/varietal and up pops a rating and description of the wine. Has anyone seen anything like this?

In the alternative, has anyone found a decent mobile site for wine where this might be possible?

I did find this app but I'm skeptical. Has anyone tried Mobifusion Anthony Dias Blues Pocket Guide to Wine for Blackberry

Thanks

TKH
    04-20-09 09:21 AM
    Go to erobertparker.mobi

but you need a subscription.
    04-20-09 01:42 PM
    Wow that is really neat that there is such a thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 01:45 PM
    I'm often in the grocery store, see a bottle of wine that looks interesting but realize it's a shot in the dark for whether or not it'll be any good. I'd love an app where I can just type in the vineyard/varietal and up pops a rating and description of the wine. Has anyone seen anything like this?

In the alternative, has anyone found a decent mobile site for wine where this might be possible?

I did find this app but I'm skeptical. Has anyone tried Mobifusion Anthony Dias Blues Pocket Guide to Wine for Blackberry

Thanks

TKH
    If you're on Twitter,try following mmwine..helped me out on more than one occassion!

Robin
    04-20-09 02:27 PM
    Thanks all.

icetlv, erobertparker isn't cheap... $100 a year? ouch. I may keep looking

Robin, thanks for your suggestion. I think I'm looking more for a database of reviews but I definitely enjoyed checking out mmwine. Thanks!

Any other suggestions? Thanks
    04-20-09 02:55 PM
    Go to your browser and type in wine lovers page-you might like it
    04-20-09 04:01 PM
    Thanks all.

icetlv, erobertparker isn't cheap... $100 a year? ouch. I may keep looking

Robin, thanks for your suggestion. I think I'm looking more for a database of reviews but I definitely enjoyed checking out mmwine. Thanks!

Any other suggestions? Thanks
    I know it's not cheap but it's a professional database.

You can also have a look at the free cellartracker.com
    There you can check private notes from individuals on wine.
    04-21-09 01:57 AM
    Icetlv, thanks. I appreciate the help.
    04-21-09 10:00 AM
    Instead of $100 a year, you can now install the Wine Enthusiast Guide on your BlackBerry for $10. Ratings, reviews and pricing info for over 80,000 wines. Complete details on the LandWare website.
    03-03-10 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD