ok i dont get it everywhere i go i always run into "10 top apps for bb users" however if i were to download these my available app mem would be nonexistant. it seems everything i download goes straight to my app memory. so what the **** is the media card for or the device memory. am i doing something wrong? is there some way to choose the location as to where to save the download. **** i cant even get a game cause im afraid it will drop the mem available so low that ill be waiting an hr for every function to load. one last thing does anyone know how to delete carrier crap u dont want.(ie att navigator, mobil banking, tetris, pacman, xm radio.) crap like this
    03-25-10 06:04 PM
    The apps you don't want are only icons unless you click and install. Just hide the things. Removal won't work as they are carrier pushed.

I have many more than 10 apps installed and still boot with 45megs or more available.

Check the Help Forums for lots of advice about memory management. The 9000 has plenty with a little care.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 06:14 PM
    ok i get that and have done so as is i have one theme, quickpull, bblight,opermini,weather,bejoose,poynt,captureit,b bmessenger, and whateverelse comes standard. with this in mind, on a fully charged batt and batt pull im lucky if i have 35. from what intell i can gather it is recommended to have at least 60 for max performance. ( 1/2 of 120 total) and i'm assuming that like a computer the more mem u burn the slower it runs??????
    03-25-10 06:26 PM
    60 for a BB Bold 9000??? Nooooo, 20 will do ya right and i can go down to about 10 before i see any sluggishness. if you have absolutely nothing on your device but your core apps (e.g., phone) and your personal data i doubt you'd see 60.
    03-25-10 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD